The Phoenix Force

Posted by GaeaPhoenix (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok will someone explain to me this. I've seen this on two different websites. One says that hope and Wanda destroyed the Phoenix force, and another one says that they sent it back into outer space. Soooooo what's the truth?? Is it destroyed [which is highly unlikely] or has it been sent back into outer space for Jean.

#1 Posted by Dernman (14932 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I heard you can't destroy it without destroying the universe. True or not it still was only disbursed.  It wasn't destroyed.   

#2 Posted by Pwok21 (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

@GaeaPhoenix:

It was disbursed throughout the Mutant Population, reigniting the M-Gene.

You couldn't truly destroy the Phoenix Force without awful consequences as something would have to represent Life and Rebirth, like when Galactus was killed suddenly Abraxas appeared to take his place.

There is a ying and yang to cosmic beings that means that even if something manages to kill them then something will replace them, often worse the the predecessor.

#3 Posted by KDarkholme (337 posts) - - Show Bio

It'll be back, I'm sure. It has just been dispursed like the guys said. It kick-started more X-Gene's.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.