Rundown of Phoenix/Phoenix Force TPBs that are worth reading?

#1 Posted by straydogrenji (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Inspired by Dark Phoenix's appearance in Marvel vs Capcom 3, I am looking to collect any stories relating to both the Phoenix Force and Jean Grey in particular. Starting with which printing of The Dark Phoenix Saga is the best one to get (without spending the absolute most money possible), and going on from there. Any suggestions are welcome!

#2 Posted by Edamame (27887 posts) - - Show Bio

In addition to the Dark Phoenix Saga trade, I would recommend getting:

1. X-Men: Phoenix Rising
2. X-Men: Phoenix Endsong
3. X-Men: Phoenix Warsong
4. Uncanny X-Men: Volume 2

#3 Posted by straydogrenji (2 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  Thank you very much. :)
#4 Posted by Squares (4667 posts) - - Show Bio

You may also be interested in looking at some other hosts of the Phoenix force. As Edamame suggested, the Warsong arc is an excellent choice in terms of reading, and one that I'd highly suggest. However, it might be worthwhile to take a look at some of the arcs involving Rachel Grey, the second-most prominent wielder of the force. She's involved in Excalibur up to around 1999, I believe, and Grey's End in particular would be worthwhile to look at, if not just to re-introduce the theme of Phoenix as an intergalactic entity.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.