Follow

Phoenix Force

Character » Phoenix Force appears in 1615 issues.

A powerful cosmic entity, an immortal being representing the Life-Death-Rebirth cycle, all current and future life, and is the nexus of all psychic energy ever to have existed, to exist or will exist. It has, at times, chosen a host to live within, granting the vessel nigh-omnipotent power. It has the power to create or destroy anything, or everything. The Phoenix has had various hosts, but the most well known and frequent host is the mortal mutant Jean Grey.

Phoenix in a good comic book?

Phoenix God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Phoenix God

Does anyone think Marvel is going to write a good comic book about Phoenix and Jean Grey any time soon (it has been so long)? Or actually explain the guidelines on "burning away what doesn't work?"

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Apparition

what was the last one you liked?

Phoenix God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Phoenix God

I thought that X-Men: Phoenix- Endsong wasn't that bad. Warsong was terrible. I can't believe I own it...However, I feel the character has just kind of been an excuse to have a character killed, make Emma do something interesting, or hurt Scott. There has been no new character development or even a little bit explanation of what she does in the galaxy. Phoenix has become a rerun, and it hurts me because I think there is a lot of potential for growth.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Apparition

i think youre right. i think that they just dont know what to do with her because they made her so powerful. they would almost have to keep her out in space dealing with cosmic issues the whole time.

Phoenix God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Phoenix God

I wish they would write a little arc about what she is doing between death's on earth. I mean, we know she isn't really dead, just her corpse is. She could be out there annihilating whole galaxay's for all we know. I want to know what it takes to "burn what doesn't work" and who decided and how. Am I the only one who thinks that might be interesting?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Apparition

i think it would be interesting but then again i'm a phoenix fan. they might think that they couldnt get enough readers for it to be worthwhile to write it. but i sure wish they would.

Phoenix God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Phoenix God

Well, I guess if they want a lot of readers they could have Phoenix blow-up earth in the first comic killing everyone. ha ha...well, I am kind of kidding. :)

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By IcePrince_X

I still find it hard to believe that Rachel Summers never did really possess the Phoenix Force but a fraction of it.

Yah, a good story line about the Phoenix and its really host will be nice. What if Rachel Summers is really the daughter of the Phoenix Force and not Jean Grey...hmmm...

Firechild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Firechild

That would be extremely wierd!

Wait, how could Rachel be hosting her mom!

As you say

hmmmmmm

Firechild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Firechild

I think that might be a option. They say that there is only one Rachel!

Maybe being the Phoenixs daughter could have something to do with it?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.