Follow

Phoenix Force

Character » Phoenix Force appears in 1616 issues.

A powerful cosmic entity, an immortal being representing the Life-Death-Rebirth cycle, all current and future life, and is the nexus of all psychic energy ever to have existed, to exist or will exist. It has, at times, chosen a host to live within, granting the vessel nigh-omnipotent power. It has the power to create or destroy anything, or everything. The Phoenix has had various hosts, but the most well known and frequent host is the mortal mutant Jean Grey.

Guess you don't have to be an Omega level mutant after all.

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By scuzz2.0

WTF! years and years of them saying only an omega mutant could take the Phoenix force or it would burn them out, just to then turn a round and give it to Cyclops, who is not an omega.

i am sooo sick and tired of writers ignoring continuity. its not that fcking hard people! the problem has been escalating in recent years and now its like they have just given up.

for me it takes a lot of the enjoyment out of it when they contradict each other so much

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Peerless1

Very astute and valid observation!!!

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By XsPectre28

dont even wanna talk about how marvel not only denounced the relevance of the phoenix force but also jean grey & the connection between the two

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

Yes, because clearly we should be looking to AvX when looking for storytelling that actually makes sense.

@scuzz2.0: Watch the language, please.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By fesak  Moderator

You don't have to be a mutant at all.

Feron, Necrom, Rook'Shir, Fongji, Amber Hunt and Phoenix IX are all non-mutants. There's probably other which i don't remember atm.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheCrowbar

@fesak: There was also that Wolverine/Cloud Shiar Hybrid guy that fell in love with Rachel Grey.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

We don't actually know yet if Cyclops will be able to handle the Phoenix on its own. One of my theories for the AvX 12 is he is going to burn up from being the lone host of the Phoenix and destroy loads in the process.

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By xmentas

Perhaps he is an omega >:} no but for real makes a good point, even though it's out now I have yet to read #12 and I can see cyke burning out the power considering he ends up losing the fight.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.