Follow

Phoenix Force

Character » Phoenix Force appears in 1612 issues.

A powerful cosmic entity, an immortal being representing the Life-Death-Rebirth cycle, all current and future life, and is the nexus of all psychic energy ever to have existed, to exist or will exist. It has, at times, chosen a host to live within, granting the vessel nigh-omnipotent power. It has the power to create or destroy anything, or everything. The Phoenix has had various hosts, but the most well known and frequent host is the mortal mutant Jean Grey.

Generation Hope: The Groundwork for a New Phoenix Saga?

• 68 results
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By karrob
    @psyrax2k11 said:
    " 1. Jean isn't going to "muck" anything up; Jean is the Phoenix and the Phoenix is Jean (see X-Men: Phoenix Endsong #3 and #5), I like how that bit of info was left out.    2. I believe that Hope is a fragment of the Phoenix, which means she's a piece of Jean Grey herself (hence the red hair and green eyes).  I think that Jean sent this piece to earth--to be born human, so that she could save the mutant race, I think Cable knew about this the whole time, I think Jean appeared to him like she did with Emma; which leads me to believe that's how he knew when and where to save Hope when she was a baby.  I think that Jean has been pulling the strings since Messiah Complex, she's just playing her part behind the scenes.  "
    Well said
    Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon

God I hope not

NeoAndroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By NeoAndroid
    @psyrax2k11 said:

" 1. Jean isn't going to "muck" anything up; Jean is the Phoenix and the Phoenix is Jean (see X-Men: Phoenix Endsong #3 and #5), I like how that bit of info was left out.    2. I believe that Hope is a fragment of the Phoenix, which means she's a piece of Jean Grey herself (hence the red hair and green eyes).  I think that Jean sent this piece to earth--to be born human, so that she could save the mutant race, I think Cable knew about this the whole time, I think Jean appeared to him like she did with Emma; which leads me to believe that's how he knew when and where to save Hope when she was a baby.  I think that Jean has been pulling the strings since Messiah Complex, she's just playing her part behind the scenes.  "

This i think is an amazing conceptual idea :)

And to add on, in the cable lead up to second coming maybe when the bullet was about to hit hope it was Jeans TK that stopped it, because she still 'needed' hope. Hence why the TK was pink in nature and not blue or gold like nathans would be if hope was a true mimic.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By goldenkey

I think it'll just be a way of developing the Hope character further.  I also don't think Jean will come back.  She might show up some how in this story, I just don't see her coming back. 
    GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By GREGalicious

Im really interested in seeing where HOPE goes in the future and as for JEAN...its not so much if she will return, it WHEN. I think that Hope was just a chance to bring in a new character tho, as everything she has been through and done couldve easily been another "Jean's Resurrection" story. It'll be really interesting to see Hope and Jean interact in future stories...

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By queenfrost_

The stepford cuckoos no longer have the Phoenix

But I hope it does!! :D

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Kid_Zombie
    @EnSabahNurX said:

" Honestly i was a huge fan of Hope till she became a mimic, i really want them to do something different with her(meaning not tk or telepathy) but my theory is hope isn't just a mimic but all the mutant powers that were deactivated were stored in her body(noah's ark). So she is  the conduit probably sent by the phoenix to save and store the powers knowing scarlet was going to try to erase them. Hope is also a shard of the PF that was created based off jean(Phoenix's favorite host) and once all the lights are gathered they will release all the mutant powers and will bring jean back.

It's a good idea but "the collective" is the mutant with all the mutant powers from M-day, he killed alpha flight. He since became guardian for omega flight then was weapon omega for Dark x-men...where are the dark x-men now anyways?

@psyrax2k11 said:

2. I believe that Hope is a fragment of the Phoenix, which means she's a piece of Jean Grey herself (hence the red hair and green eyes).  I think that Jean sent this piece to earth--to be born human, so that she could save the mutant race, I think Cable knew about this the whole time, I think Jean appeared to him like she did with Emma; which leads me to believe that's how he knew when and where to save Hope when she was a baby.  I think that Jean has been pulling the strings since Messiah Complex, she's just playing her part behind the scenes.  "

As much as i dislike jean, this would be a great idea! good thinking.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

The cuckoos no longer contain any trace of the Phoenix Force whatsoever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gambit1024 said:
    " Ugh, just kill the Phoenix. Kill it with fire.  "
    Seconded.

Hope hasn't activated anyone's powers since, like, the third or second issue. There are five lights; for now, that's it.
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#60  Edited By Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Iron_Lad:  They don't look exactly alike.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@psyrax2k11 said:
    ...you're saying a female character can't have red hair and green eyes without somehow being linked to Jean Grey? That's fallacious logic.
    psyrax2k11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By psyrax2k11

@Squares:

That is absolutely not fallacious logic, come on now.  There are many other redheaded, green eyed female characters that are not connected to Jean.  How can you say that this is fallacious when the hints about who Hope is or who she's connected to are being layed out.  It's quite obvious; so to say my logic is fallacious--and I mean no disrespect, is a bit absurd.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@Mercy_: Ur dumb why do u hate jean grey shes the best character they ever came up with and it probably is what made most of the x-men comics so interesting, god! Stop hating her!

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

@Mercy_: Ur dumb why do u hate jean grey shes the best character they ever came up with and it probably is what made most of the x-men comics so interesting, god! Stop hating her!

There is no need for this. She's entitled to her view as you are yours.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#66  Edited By Mercy_

@oviouslyjeangrey said:

Yes, because your opinion is obviously the be-all end-all of opinions, right? Oh, wait, that's right, they're just that, opinions. There's no need to be insecure over somebody not liking a character that you like. There are thousands upon thousands of characters, it's bound to happen sooner or later that somebody is going to have a dissenting opinion from you.

Oh and just as an FYI, when insulting somebody's intelligence, you may want to make sure your own house is in order. The proper grammar here would be:

You're dumb. Why do you hate Jean Grey? She's the best character they ever came up with and she's probably what made most of the X-Men comics so interesting. God. Stop hating her!

@TheGreyOutcastX: Thanks :)

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Mercy_: No problem. :D

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Crimsonlord53

I would like to see the cost of restarting the mutant race being the death of the last 200 odd mutants on earth. It would tie up the whole phoenix death and rebirth nicely in my twisted opinion plus the Irony would be funny.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.