Follow

Phoenix Five

Team » Phoenix Five appears in 136 issues.

Five members of the X-Men who each received a portion of the Phoenix Force after it was accidentally split by Iron Man during the battle between the X-Men and the Avengers over Hope.

The P5's powers post-possession

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thunderscream

I can't remember where but it was stated that after possession of the Phoenix Force, Cyclops, Emma, Colossus, Magik and Namor's mutant powers have been permanently altered. Have there been any examples of such changes as of yet?

I can see Cyke's optic blasts seem to project in a more chaotic pattern but not much else from any of the other 4 avatars.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Bumping because I'm curious.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By JonSmith

Colossus's powers seem to be fatally unstable, to the point he needs a special suit to hold him together. Emma can't use her telepathy at all. Namor hasn't shown scale or wing since his defeat in Wakanda. Cyclops powers seem to have become far more chaotic and have overcome their vulnerability to ruby quartz. So now the only time Cyclops can turn them off is when he closes his eyes. I think. Magik seems to have been the only one who came out of this with a boost. She claims to be stronger than ever.

Magneto's powers are also going wonky, due to his proximity to Cyke during the whole P5 disaster.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By DEGRAAF

Cyclops' mutation has been altered after his prolonged exposure to the Phoenix Force, resulting in much greater power output. Though the destructive capabilities of his optic blasts has been increased, it comes at the price of Cyclops losing further control of his power.

Emma reveals she cannot as the Phoenix altered their powers and her telepathy is gone.

Colossus is having issues controlling his powers, leaving his body only partly armored. Colossus currently is seemingly unable to shift into a full body transformation and must require a special suit of armor to keep shift completely into his armored state.

Magik has been said to of had her powers increase since being partial host of the Phoenix Force but i dont believe anything has been shown to prove or disprove this rumor

Namor has not shown any changes to his mutant abilities (i think mostly due to lack of him being shown using his abilities at all) but it has been said it will be discussed in New Avengers soon

Magneto While not part of the Phoenix Five was in the presence of Scott and the others long enough that his powers have been altered as well. He no longer has the control he used to now he can only pick up small objects it seems (which doesn't make sense since he seems to be able to power a Cerebra type machine with his abilities)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.