What if Phil Coulson was the Vision... and then Ultron?

#1 Posted by Inverno (13163 posts) - - Show Bio

What if he really becomes Vision, and his programming is later corrupted by Thanos and he turns into Ultron the main villain for Avengers 3?

#2 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Then look forward to goddamn painful retcons in the comics following.

#3 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35 said:

Then look forward to goddamn painful retcons in the comics following.

So true. 

Alternatively, it will be discovered that Vision has an identical son named Coulson, who replaces his father immediately for no reason. 
#4 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: Coulson already exists.

#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35: Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

Damn you, Marvel
#6 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a great idea but I don't thinks it's good for the films, having one character then become two others might be a little confusing for the general audience.

Would like to see Ultron and Vision turn up eventually, though.

#7 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think you're going to see that happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if Coulson was either a LMD (Life Model Decoy) when he was killed or will continue on as a LMD.

If they do an Avengers show as they've been talking about, it'd make a lot of sense to have him as a lead on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.