Watch This Preview Of The Next Marvel One-Shot Short Film With Agent Coulson

Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio
Keep your eyes sharp for the Roxxon cameo.

Marvel’s distinguished its brand of superheroics from the beginning by underlying all its wildest fantasy with at least the sense of down-to-Earth realism. You know, like how Spidey has to sew his own costumes and dote on his frail aunt. That very much continues to be the guiding spirit in these Agent Phil Coulson “one-shot” shorts. I can’t think of too many other super-spies whose out-of-this-world adventures are depicted with equal care allotted to their time driving leased cars and deliberating over what flavor of donut they’re in the mood for. That, Comic Vine maniacs, is what you call verisimilitude.

Give it a watch, why not?

== TEASER ==

This short’s going to be an extra on CAPTAIN AMERICA home video release that’ s still a few months down the pipe. The preview was posted by its cinematographer, David Myrick, on his personal website. Considering how the final short probably won’t be much longer than a couple minutes, this “preview” might actually take up a big chunk of the total running time. “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer” is the proper title, so I’ll take a wild guess and figure that this is filling a little gap between IRON MAN 2 and THOR just like how “the Consultant” connected the former to THE INCREDIBLE HULK. Maybe we’ll see Agent Coulson breaking out a Stark gadget to take care of these goons?

#1 Edited by cattlebattle (12768 posts) - - Show Bio

Fail!!

the Link is broken

fixed

Win!!

#2 Posted by TheBlackHood (337 posts) - - Show Bio

I really find the Agent Coulson character to be highly likable. I really hope he gets a few good scenes here and there in the Avengers movie.

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12768 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheBlackHood said:

I really find the Agent Coulson character to be highly likable. I really hope he gets a few good scenes here and there in the Avengers movie.

Bet you he's revealed as a Skrull

#4 Posted by ScarlettLynn (160 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Agent Coulson.

#5 Posted by pikahyper (12134 posts) - - Show Bio

looks good, this is the first time I've seen any of one though, are the others available online?

#6 Posted by ThePRez (285 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to see more

#7 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really care enough to see the whole thing. 

#8 Posted by War Killer (20199 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone please make him canon in the comics now please. :)

#9 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like that they're using Clark Gregg as some comedic relief in between the whole Avengers initiative. It's a smart move to inject humor and he's such a perfect actor for displaying both a serious side with a hilarious situation.

Thumbs up for their strategy, can't wait to see the collected sequences :)

#10 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice, this is pretty good! I'm starting to like Coulson more and more.

#11 Posted by danhimself (22541 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of these shorts....but after watching the first one on the Thor blu-ray today I was really unimpressed....it just seemed like he wasn't really trying in it....the acting came off as really really cheesy and I know that Coulson always comes off as kind of cheesy but man this was bad

#12 Posted by spiderman20991992 (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark Gregg is fantastic!

#13 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't help but think this is where Coulson picks up Agent Clint Barton and maybe the two of them drive the rest of the way to the hammer together. The first short 'The Consultant' sort of explained the Tony Stark cameo in Incredible Hulk so maybe this will explain the Hawkeye cameo in Thor. Just a guess.

#14 Posted by Jamiracles (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Perty interesting...

#15 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

How are they going to cut it off like that! Right when things were about to get interesting

#16 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty awesome - can't wait to see the whole thing.

Well, at least he needs to show up in more comics. Hill was run ragged for a while, it's time for her to get this stooge on the ground.

#17 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

I say, keep 'em coming!

#18 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

That was cool, can't wait to see the full thing

#19 Posted by Icemizer (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah a Little Debbie add, how cute.

#20 Posted by VenomMelendez (407 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle:

He's set to return for Marvel movies after Avengers, so no.

#21 Posted by MisterParker (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooh, hope he'll pull a James Bond on those two thugs.

#22 Posted by sladewilson30 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

@MisterParker: More like a Punisher, LOL.

#23 Posted by fitchy101 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@TheBlackHood said:

Bet you he's revealed as a Skrull

Bet it's revealed that the entire team are skrulls!

DUN DUN DUUUUNNN!!!

#24 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't see the video.

#25 Posted by insheepsclothes (169 posts) - - Show Bio

can any1 provide a link to this vid? no longer available on this site. thx in advance!!

#26 Posted by zombiejesusii (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@VenomMelendez: as a skrull though right?

#27 Posted by VenomMelendez (407 posts) - - Show Bio

@zombiejesusii:

No.

#28 Posted by VenomMelendez (407 posts) - - Show Bio

@labarith:

He's showing in an Upcoming Marvel cartoon in any case.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.