Confused about the new S.H.I.E.L.D. series

#1 Posted by BigMaraSpence (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Coulson's character in the films, but will the S.H.I.E.L.D. series just be a high tech cop show? I feel like unless Coulson has a guest star hero every once in a while, it would get stale pretty quickly. Thoughts?

#2 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it was announced that Coulson will be in there. I assume that means it will be set before the films.

#3 Posted by BigMaraSpence (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not particulary worried about the timeline. Whether it is set in the past or Coulson somehow survived, I can overlook him being there. I'm just curious how the story will engage fans of the marvel universe. Would Coulson be sent on missions to stop existing villains? Or, like I mentioned before, will it be a show where he takes down terrorists with S.H.I.E.L.D. gadgets?

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigMaraSpence: they more than likely will use the show as a vehicle to introduce some of Marvel's lesser known street level heroes that don't require multi-million dollar budgets to utilize properly

#5 Posted by BigMaraSpence (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Thats a good point, I hadn't thought about that possibility.

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigMaraSpence: I have nothing to confirm this I just assume since they're putting so much effort to let us know this will be a Marvel comics show, I doubt with Joss running the show that they'd just ignore the hundreds of characters with built in fan bases to help get the show going.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.