Follow

Peter Petrelli

Character » Peter Petrelli appears in 7 issues.

Peter is the brother of Nathan Petrelli. He has the ability to mimic and copy anyone's super powers. He can later recall and use these abilities. It hasn't been revealed how many he can copy. Due to his father taking away his abilities, Peter was powerless for a while until he injected himself with a formula that gives him abilities. Now he can only absorb people's powers by touch and he can only have 1 at a time.

Overpowered Peter on Comicvine.com

Griphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Griphus

Hey People!!!

I was surfing Comicvine when I noticed Peter Pretelli's profile and I saw something a litle bit curious.

Peter is topping a lot of ranks here at Comicvine and I just think that a lot of people are superestimating him.

Of course he has praticaly infinite potential but putting him 6 ranks above Professor X on the Telepathy rank??

On the TV show he can barely read minds(actually he was tricked by Adam Monroe to help him in his attempt to free a humanity-destroying virus, any decent telepath would have discovered that!!)

And that's not just it.Since when he is more invunerable than Superman?!?Or tops the Phoenix on Immortality, or Wolverine (Wolverine!!!) on Agility!!And could someone explain what kind of Super Sight he has to be #2 at it?

I really like Peter and I LOVE Heroes, but people are starting to confuse potential with actual power.

I would really like to see what you guys think about this.
    Post Edited:2007-12-30 19:51:01
    Post Edited:2007-12-30 19:51:39

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

The rankings are based on fan votes and fanboys tends to vote on their favorites instead of the best.

That being why Jean is #2 and Storm #4 on the overall rankings. Many fanboys.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#3  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Stopped looking at ranks a long time ago, but Storm at #4? I knew her fanboys were crazy, but c'mon!

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Titan3510

Storm is really powerful able to singlehandly defeat a herald of Galactus with a lightning bolt. And Jean is an Omega-level mutant without the Phoenix Force so with the Phoenix Force makes Jean virtually a goddess. I may sound like a fanboy but that's the truth.

Peter shouldn't be topping some rankings. He can barely control most of his powers. He doesn't even have super sight so how is he going to be #2 out of a whole bunch.

But you guys are right about the rankings and stuff.

kuchiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kuchiku

fesak says:

"The rankings are based on fan votes and fanboys tends to vote on their favorites instead of the best. That being why Jean is #2 and Storm #4 on the overall rankings. Many fanboys."

also being why psylocke and elektra and sage are so far down in the ranks

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Elemental says:

"Storm is really powerful able to singlehandly defeat a herald of Galactus with a lightning bolt. And Jean is an Omega-level mutant without the Phoenix Force so with the Phoenix Force makes Jean virtually a goddess. I may sound like a fanboy but that's the truth.Peter shouldn't be topping some rankings. He can barely control most of his powers. He doesn't even have super sight so how is he going to be #2 out of a whole bunch.But you guys are right about the rankings and stuff."

Phoenix I can see near the top (still not as high is she is though) but Storm? No way. There are a number of characters more powerful than her even before you get into cosmics, abstracts and characters in universes other than Marvel's. I've long grown tired of this Storm insanity. This isn't a Storm thread though so I'll drop it.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Elemental says:

"Storm yadda yadda...."

There are more than 100 comic characters that are more powerful than Storm or Phoenix. Storm doesn't belong on the top 100 list. Maybe Jean with the Phoenix, but i consider them separate.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Resonate

Buckshot says:

"Stopped looking at ranks a long time ago, but Storm at #4? I knew her fanboys were crazy, but c'mon!"

you musta missed it when she was #2

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Leliel

But Storm once held the Phoenix Force in a what if? I think if that character profile was made it be the top list but only because the fan boys

grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By grimm

i know!!!!!

he has soooo many powers but he has no control over them.
    he can barely read minds!!!
    and he can not fly better than angel!!!!
    ...stupid fanboys
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By John Valentine
    grimm said:
    "i know!!!!!
    ...stupid fanboys
    "
    What about Future Peter?
    Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tevnoba
    Elemental said:
    "

Storm is really powerful able to singlehandly defeat a herald of Galactus with a lightning bolt. And Jean is an Omega-level mutant without the Phoenix Force so with the Phoenix Force makes Jean virtually a goddess. I may sound like a fanboy but that's the truth.

Peter shouldn't be topping some rankings. He can barely control most of his powers. He doesn't even have super sight so how is he going to be #2 out of a whole bunch.

"
    Jean is not an Omega Level Mutant (without the Phoenix).  And Storm should not be able to harm any of the Heralds (unless they were extremely weakened before).
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By John Valentine

Jean is Omega without PF.

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Djinn

okay not over 100 characters more powerful than phoenix

Citizen Vance*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Citizen Vance*
    Tevnoba said:
    "Elemental said:
    "

"
    Jean is not an Omega Level Mutant (without the Phoenix).  And Storm should not be able to harm any of the Heralds (unless they were extremely weakened before)."
    Log off.
    Avatar image for radicalcannibal
    RaDicalCannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RaDicalCannibal

Well i can see both Sylar & Peter Petrelli (with his original ability) high up on the rank

Simply because i find the Empathic mimicry ability to be one of the most dangerous, espeacialy original peter as he was not shown to have limits to how many he could have, being able to take other people's abilities randomly just by being near them is a very powerful ability, and could potentialy make someone god-like when they become intune with using those abilities.......peter started out just barely flying, but his impressive ability jumped him to being one of the most powerful beings on Heroes, sylars too

I agree though storm fanboys are crazy rofl........anyone with the title as 'One of the most powerful mutants in the MU' should be close to the top and cosmic beings should be above that, as bad as storm fanboys are, superman fanboys are worst, he should not be #1 lol

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hyperlight

@grimm said:

i know!!!!!
    ...stupid fanboys

yeah he was terrible at reading minds. like a 2 on a scale of 1 to 5

he was a much faster and more versatile flier than angel considering his power source was internal and not avian in nature

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.