Follow

Peter Milligan

Person » Peter Milligan is credited in 1354 issues.

Peter Milligan is a British writer best known for his extensive work on X-Force/X-Statix and X-Men for Marvel, and Human Target, Shade, the Changing Man and a lengthy, and climatic, tenure on Hellblazer for DC/Vertigo.

VERTIGO RESURRECTED #2-THE EXTREMIST

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

Edited By Silkcuts

http://vertigo.blog.dccomics.com/2010/08/11/vertigo-resurrected-2-reveal/

Wednesday, August 11th, 2010

By Pamela Mullin

Last month we introduced VERTIGO RESURRECTED. This month I’m excited to reveal the next volume scheduled for November publication, VERTIGO RESURRECTED #2-THE EXTREMIST.

Now, back in print! One of Vertigo’s first creator owned books, THE EXTREMIST stretched the limits of comics storytelling. From writer Peter Milligan (HELLBLAZER, X-STATICS, HUMAN TARGET) and artist Ted McKeever (DOOM PATROL, FAITH) the 4-issue miniseries took superheroics to their most risqué.

Murder, sex, amorality—anything permissible with the suit on. THE EXTREMIST follows three ordinary people who succumb to the allure of a mask and a costume and all the power that comes with it, creating a shocking and controversial exploration of the nature of freedom and sexuality.

=====================================================================================================================================
    Vertigo is really confusing me.  The Cancel Greek Street, are slow to reprint Human Target and now they bring The Extremist back into print?  where is Enigma? So are they pushing PM or  is this a random book to bring in print after "Shoot"?  

So now Vertigo Resurrected looks on going... I wonder what other stuff will comeback and what older singles I should start selling off.
    Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Crazy_Eights

I want Enigma, such an amazing story was hard as hell to get my hands on it but so freaking worth the wait. 

Extremist is one of the few vertigo titles i dont like. wasnt extremely interesting like many others 

(DC here)
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Silkcuts
    @Crazy_Eights: enigma I need in a trade, I loved the story in singles, but it is one of my fave PM stories so I want it in trade.

As for The Extremist your not the only one to think that, I haven't read it in a while and I barely remember it, so I am willing to bank I wasn't all that big of a fan as well.  But I will reread it before VR#2 comes out to decide if I upgrade.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By NightFang3

Never heard of this comic, maybe i'll look it up if it's good. 

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Silkcuts
    @aztek the lost said:
    " I'm disappointed in this announcement because it's simply a reprint of stuff Vertigo already printed in which case they may as well have just done a trade IMO but whatever...I guess this is intended to be a book reprinting old Vertigo stuff "
    The second book is not a huge announcement I admit.  Most Peter Milligan fans will have this in singles I think.  New Peter Milligan fans have a lot to catch up on and I don't think this is a strong book to help his name.

I think the Vertigo Resserected stuff is not just trying to make old OOP vertigo stuff easier for newer fans at a cheaper price.   After book #1 the sales will drop hard because Extremist is not as strong as something like Shoot.  They should of tried more non printed books like "wild boys" is it?  The lost work with Peter Milligan and Grant Morrison as the second book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.