Whats with the boobs on the suit?

#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not trying to make a big deal out of it im just curious, why put boobs on a metal suit for Pepper Potts? I know the simply answer would be bc she needs room for them in the suit but in the picture the mechanical system under the body of the suit doesnt give her the same room that the exterior does which means there are just to empty spaces on the front of the suit  

if that room isnt being used then the boob facade on the front of the suit is as useful as the nipples on batmans suit 

#2 Posted by Demonturtle (455 posts) - - Show Bio

The only reason that the boobs are there are so you can tell that particular armor very quickly.  Plus, they got away with putiing boobs on a suit of armor..come on!
#3 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18853 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe so idiot Civilians won't confuse her for Iron Man :P lol

#4 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

So Tony had something to fondle while building it

#5 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8819 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" So Tony had something to fondle while building it "
He didn't have enough with the pile of naked ladies on the mountain of cash next to his coffee table?
#6 Posted by Captain13 (3321 posts) - - Show Bio

The same reason female bodybuilders get boob jobs--so everyone can still see that they're still somewhat feminine. 

#7 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Nova`Prime` said:
He didn't have enough with the pile of naked ladies on the mountain of cash next to his coffee table? "
Yeah those are up in the bed room.... the armor was down in the workshop... he didn't want to have to take the elevator up there to do it.
#8 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8819 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`: @Nova`Prime` said:

" @Crom-Cruach said:

" @Nova`Prime` said:
He didn't have enough with the pile of naked ladies on the mountain of cash next to his coffee table? "
Yeah those are up in the bed room.... the armor was down in the workshop... he didn't want to have to take the elevator up there to do it. "
doesn't he have a wormhole like the in the Halloween episode where Bart get's his DNA spliced with a fly's? Plus since this is Tony I'd expect him to have naked ladies lying all over the place.
#9 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Nova`Prime`: @Nova`Prime` said:

" @Crom-Cruach said:

" @Nova`Prime` said:
Yeah those are up in the bed room.... the armor was down in the workshop... he didn't want to have to take the elevator up there to do it. "
doesn't he have a wormhole like the in the Halloween episode where Bart get's his DNA spliced with a fly's? Plus since this is Tony I'd expect him to have naked ladies lying all over the place. "
Good point... I figured it out.. they are there so he can fondle Pepper while in the armor himself.. so he doesn't hurt her.
#10 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know but I like it!

Mmm....
Steel boobs.... :D

#11 Posted by ComicMan24 (147080 posts) - - Show Bio

It does look too similar to Iron Man's suit. So it's possible the boobs are there for people to tell the difference.

#12 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8819 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" Good point... I figured it out.. they are there so he can fondle Pepper while in the armor himself.. so he doesn't hurt her. "
So it's just plain impatience? Instead of keeping his horndog instincts in check until after the giant robots are beaten and they are out of armor, he's invented a way to fight the giant robots while acting like a horndog...
#13 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
"It does look too similar to Iron Man's suit. So it's possible the boobs are there for people to tell the difference. "

BINGO!
#14 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

It's so we can relate her to being a female character. If you saw that suit without the boobs, you'd think it was just Iron Man's other suit.

#15 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

No0t to mention she's female and has boobs lol

#16 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7681 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" It's so we can relate her to being a female character. If you saw that suit without the boobs, you'd think it was just Iron Man's other suit. "
#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13 said:
" The same reason female bodybuilders get boob jobs--so everyone can still see that they're still somewhat feminine.  "
#18 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

RESPECT THE IRON BOOBS!

#19 Posted by notorious (37 posts) - - Show Bio

its tony stark makin a suit for a woman ther could be removable plates we dont see haha
#20 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything is better with boobs.

#21 Posted by War Killer (20136 posts) - - Show Bio

Because she's a woman and women have breasts. But in truth, I don't see anything wrong with them being there, just adds to the "Iron Woman' look.

P.S. Loving her new suit, didn't like the first one too much.

#22 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" It does look too similar to Iron Man's suit. So it's possible the boobs are there for people to tell the difference. "
Yeah, that's a good reason. Then if she does anything embarrassing, Tony can say: "It wasn't me, see? Breasts!"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.