Follow

Penguin

Character » Penguin appears in 2059 issues.

Intelligent, rich and sophisticated; Oswald Cobblepot puts up a gentlemanly front, but behind closed doors he is the angered, power hungry criminal known as The Penguin. He shows flashes of compassion sometimes, but he is dominated by a desire to be respected and to control those around him.

The Penguin's Accent

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

I know that in some of his more infamous portrayals Oswald Cobblepot has a british accent but does he still have the same accent in the New 52? Now that cannon says that the Cobblepots are one of Gotham's oldest families wouldn't he more likely have an American accent? If there are any explanations to counter this claim please let me know of them.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@dngn4774 said:

I know that in some of his more infamous portrayals Oswald Cobblepot has a british accent but does he still have the same accent in the New 52? Now that cannon says that the Cobblepots are one of Gotham's oldest families wouldn't he more likely have an American accent? If there are any explanations to counter this claim please let me know of them.

Really late reply I know but he could have a British accent due to him spending alot of time over in Britain. Some of the thugs in Arkham Knight say something about him getting the accent at school. So maybe he was born in Britain or his family went over there when he was young and spent his childhood in Britain but they later returned to Gotham. So that is how he grew up with the accent maybe.

I imagine him having a British accent either like the more posh sounding accent or the Arkham accent, which alot of people mistake for an Australian accent.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.