Why is he Bald?

#1 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

At the ripe age of 17, why doesn't Elijah have any hair?

I totally made this in Patriot's forum.

#2 Posted by danhimself (22451 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" At the ripe age of 17, why doesn't Elijah have any hair? "
maybe he shaves his head
#3 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he cut his hair like that? or its a side effect of the super soldier serum...

#4 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized: Probably wants to look more BA.
#5 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

No teenager chooses to look like Mr. Clean. That's usually only happens after a terrible haircut, and I don't suspect Eli has been getting bad haircuts since 2005

#6 Edited by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

This is edited by a moderator to be less offensive.

#7 Edited by danhimself (22451 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:

" This is edited by a moderator to be less offensive. "

don't come into threads just to be offensive  if you don't have anything constructive to say about the topic then just don't say anything
#8 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" No teenager chooses to look like Mr. Clean."
Pix, I think you might be losing touch with today's youth.
#9 Posted by danhimself (22451 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" @pixelized said:
" No teenager chooses to look like Mr. Clean."
Pix, I think you might be losing touch with today's youth. "
true you are getting up there in age
#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to shave my head when I was 16. So did both my brothers.....and lots of other people I went to school with.

#11 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14425 posts) - - Show Bio

No hair becuase
a)  means theres nothing to grab in a fight
b) shinnyness can be a distraction  
c) hes going for a skinhead ganster look

#12 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

As a teenager myself who is attending his last year of high school, I can safely say that a pretty fair amount of people attending to shave their heads, if not full-on bald, then close to it.

#13 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" I totally made this in Patriot's forum. "
You're welcome:)

Why can't he be bald? It could be his hair style and not a genetic thing.
#14 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" As a teenager myself who is attending his last year of high school, I can safely say that a pretty fair amount of people attending to shave their heads, if not full-on bald, then close to it. "
A fade is one thing, scalped is another. Eli is the latter.

Even in his younger flashbacks he's hairless, no me gustalo.
#15 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

Some black people just like to shave their head. I used to, just because it was easier
#16 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's a side-effect from all that MGH he was abusing.

#17 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@biggkeem89 said:

" Some black people just like to shave their head. I used to, just because it was easier "

Really? I never did because I like having something to brush.

@Korg said:

" Maybe it's a side-effect from all that MGH he was abusing. "

I like that.

@Nobody said:

" @pixelized said:

You're welcome:)  Why can't he be bald? It could be his hair style and not a genetic thing. "
He can be (obviously), but he being bald without explanation seems to be feeding misconceptions. 

From the looks of it though Isaiah was also bald but his Grandmother has a head full of hair.
#18 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @Korg said:

I like that. "
That theory doesn't work if he was also bald in Flashbacks from before he was taking MGH.

@pixelized said:
" @Nobody said:

" @pixelized said:

You're welcome:)  Why can't he be bald? It could be his hair style and not a genetic thing. "
He can be (obviously), but he being bald without explanation seems to be feeding misconceptions.   From the looks of it though Isaiah was also bald but his Grandmother has a head full of hair. "

I think we are just looking too much into it lol
#19 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" @pixelized said:
" @Korg said:

I like that. "
That theory doesn't work if he was also bald in Flashbacks from before he was taking MGH."  
His mother laced his formula with it when he was very young.
#20 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
@pixelized said:
" @Nobody said:

" @pixelized said:

He can be (obviously), but he being bald without explanation seems to be feeding misconceptions.   From the looks of it though Isaiah was also bald but his Grandmother has a head full of hair. "
I think we are just looking too much into it lol "
Or it's become so common place that no one sees it as much of an issue, but whatevs.

@Korg said:
" @Nobody said:
" @pixelized said:
" @Korg said:

I like that. "
That theory doesn't work if he was also bald in Flashbacks from before he was taking MGH."  
His mother laced his formula with it when he was very young. "

what happened to his parents anyway?
#21 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he wants to look like Shaq?

#22 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"what happened to his parents anyway? "
His dad had been missing for months when he was recruited to the Young Avengers. Not sure about his mother. I actually haven't read YA in some time.
#23 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew a guy who went mostly bald when he was 14, so he shaved his head completely ever since then.  Maybe poor Patriot suffers from an early on-set of male pattern baldness?  :)

#24 Posted by kareem (281 posts) - - Show Bio

at a VERY young age my uncle had a receding hairline(I think he may have been born with it) and all the kids in his class teased him so he has been shaving hi shead since the thir grade. Maybe patriot has the same problem. Or he could be trying to emulate his uncle and grand-dad(2 heroes who any little boy would want to emulate). Or maybe he just can't grow hair out of his scalp.
#25 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4164 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
"A fade is one thing, scalped is another. Eli is the latter.  Even in his younger flashbacks he's hairless, no me gustalo. "
Maybe he's trying to infiltrate a skin head gang and has a high bluff rank.

#26 Posted by kai95 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

OK THIS IS GETTING REDICULOUS WITH THE UNDERCOVER RACIAL SLURS!! HE BALD CUZ HE'S BALD!!!

#27 Posted by SladeRogers (291 posts) - - Show Bio

The reason he's bald might be because of the fact he used the MGH and it was a negative side effect. Possibly. 
#28 Posted by superboyrocks13 (1089 posts) - - Show Bio

idk y he would shave his head i dont even cut my hair but then again hes like 5 years older than me
#29 Posted by kimeraevet (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this seriously a legitimate question? Why wouldn't he shave his head? Maybe he wants to look like his grandfather. Maybe he likes shaving his head because he never has to worry about how clean his fade is or how sharp his lines are. Maybe he just doesn't care enough to want to look like a shaggy headed bum. More than likely, the artist (like many before him) didn't know how to draw nappy hair and decided to make his drawing times easier by leaving the sole black character in his book BALD. It isn't as if he is the only bald black superhero.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.