Follow

Patriot

Character » Patriot appears in 355 issues.

A founding member and leader of the Young Avengers, Elijah Bradley is the nephew of Josiah-X and grandson of Isaiah Bradley. After receiving a blood transfusion from his grandfather, Elijah now possesses the abilities of a Super Soldier. Patriot recently resigned his title of Patriot and now lives with his mother.

why do people hate him?

etamogrey77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By etamogrey77

seriously i love the character but people hate him. why do you think that is?

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Jotham

Do people really hate him, or just not care about him? Personally, I don't think I've ever heard anyone even discuss the character.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I like him, he's one of my favorite Young Avengers.

TheOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By TheOptimist

@etamogrey77 said:

My (incredibly baseless) assumption would be due to the character's connection to "the original Captain America" which some fans (IIRC) were quite irate about upon initial publication... while I haven't sensed any hostility concerning the character, I would assume that such feelings might be derived from that point.

Personally, I quite like the character and have found most others with whom I've talked to be of the same persuasion.

Also, for every character there will be a fan who strongly dislikes that character, so I'd chalk some of the "hate" to that phenomenon.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't know who hates him but I got to admit I don't really care about him.Out of all the Young Avengers he and Hawkeye seem to dod the least.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#6  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I don't hate him, I just don't halfway care about him or any of the other Young Avengers.

etamogrey77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By etamogrey77

guess i just misinterpret peoples opinion sometimes but i guess what i'm asking is why is every ones least favorite avenger

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Redberry

He's just PMS all the time.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By papad1992

@etamogrey77 said:

Because he disrupted the "spell" that would have given all the mutant's powers back!!

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BaBaBoom

@papad1992: Because he disrupted the "spell" that would have given all the mutant's powers back!!

Exactly!! and out of all the Young Avengers he's the least interesting one.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I don't hate him, I just don't halfway care about him or any of the other Young Avengers.

this

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By John Valentine

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Valid point.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By papad1992

@BaBaBoom said:

@papad1992: Because he disrupted the "spell" that would have given all the mutant's powers back!!

And he's the one that I wished that had died instead of Stature!!

So he disrupted the spell that would have given all the mutants back and his teammate, Stature, who just newly got her dad back, was killed in action!

If the writers for that Children's Crusade changed those two details, I would have been the happiest Marvel fan in the world!

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BaBaBoom

@papad1992 said:

@BaBaBoom said:

So he disrupted the spell that would have given all the mutants back and his teammate, Stature, who just newly got her dad back, was killed in action!

If the writers for that Children's Crusade changed those two details, I would have been the happiest Marvel fan in the world!

Stature is such a waste of character development. What is the point of bringing her father back if she's going to die? I actually rooted for Ironlad when he was trying to get Sature's body to the future so they could have a chance of saving her but Vision just have to interfere. I was yelling, "YOU ARE JUST A MACHINE!!" together with Ironlad when he was killing Vision for not letting him take Stature's body. That's the only time I rooted for the "bad" guy in a superhero story. So, yeah. I wouldn't be as disappointed with Children's Crusade if Patriot is the one that fought Dr. Doom at the end and became what patriots usually ends up of being, dead. The way Marvel killed of Stature reminds me of how DC uses Superboy-Prime to kill off characters. Anyway, there is still a chance that Kang/Ironlad went back to the past and switched Stature with a life model decoy programmed to sacrifice herself (he is very smart afterall).

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By papad1992

@BaBaBoom said:

@papad1992 said:

@BaBaBoom said:

Stature is such a waste of character development. What is the point of bringing her father back if she's going to die? I actually rooted for Ironlad when he was trying to get Sature's body to the future so they could have a chance of saving her but Vision just have to interfere. I was yelling, "YOU ARE JUST A MACHINE!!" together with Ironlad when he was killing Vision for not letting him take Stature's body. That's the only time I rooted for the "bad" guy in a superhero story. So, yeah. I wouldn't be as disappointed with Children's Crusade if Patriot is the one that fought Dr. Doom at the end and became what patriots usually ends up of being, dead. The way Marvel killed of Stature reminds me of how DC uses Superboy-Prime to kill off characters. Anyway, there is still a chance that Kang/Ironlad went back to the past and switched Stature with a life model decoy programmed to sacrifice herself (he is very smart afterall).

That last part sparked hope back into my heart!!

Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Alch21

Hes my fav one.

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#17  Edited By DATNIGGA

@etamogrey77: I always thought of him as a wanna be captain america... i dont hate him just don't care about to much

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By John Valentine

Because he's a damn lame steroid user. CHEAT.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I hated his treatment of Speed.

And I find it ironic that he pushed Melter II (who REALLY wanted to be a hero) into becoming a full-time villain.

And let's not forget the mess he made when he stopped Wanda's attempt to repower all mutants.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.