why do people hate him?

#1 Posted by etamogrey77 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously i love the character but people hate him. why do you think that is?

#2 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Do people really hate him, or just not care about him? Personally, I don't think I've ever heard anyone even discuss the character.

#3 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him, he's one of my favorite Young Avengers.

#4 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

@etamogrey77 said:

seriously i love the character but people hate him. why do you think that is?

My (incredibly baseless) assumption would be due to the character's connection to "the original Captain America" which some fans (IIRC) were quite irate about upon initial publication... while I haven't sensed any hostility concerning the character, I would assume that such feelings might be derived from that point.

Personally, I quite like the character and have found most others with whom I've talked to be of the same persuasion.

Also, for every character there will be a fan who strongly dislikes that character, so I'd chalk some of the "hate" to that phenomenon.

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91356 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know who hates him but I got to admit I don't really care about him.Out of all the Young Avengers he and Hawkeye seem to dod the least.

Moderator
#6 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13599 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't hate him, I just don't halfway care about him or any of the other Young Avengers.

#7 Posted by etamogrey77 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

guess i just misinterpret peoples opinion sometimes but i guess what i'm asking is why is every ones least favorite avenger

#8 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

He's just PMS all the time.

#9 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@etamogrey77 said:

seriously i love the character but people hate him. why do you think that is?

Because he disrupted the "spell" that would have given all the mutant's powers back!!

#10 Posted by BaBaBoom (274 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Because he disrupted the "spell" that would have given all the mutant's powers back!!

Exactly!! and out of all the Young Avengers he's the least interesting one.

#11 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I don't hate him, I just don't halfway care about him or any of the other Young Avengers.

this

#12 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I don't hate him, I just don't halfway care about him or any of the other Young Avengers.

Valid point.

#13 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@BaBaBoom said:

@papad1992: Because he disrupted the "spell" that would have given all the mutant's powers back!!

Exactly!! and out of all the Young Avengers he's the least interesting one.

And he's the one that I wished that had died instead of Stature!!

So he disrupted the spell that would have given all the mutants back and his teammate, Stature, who just newly got her dad back, was killed in action!

If the writers for that Children's Crusade changed those two details, I would have been the happiest Marvel fan in the world!

#14 Posted by BaBaBoom (274 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@BaBaBoom said:

@papad1992: Because he disrupted the "spell" that would have given all the mutant's powers back!!

Exactly!! and out of all the Young Avengers he's the least interesting one.

And he's the one that I wished that had died instead of Stature!!

So he disrupted the spell that would have given all the mutants back and his teammate, Stature, who just newly got her dad back, was killed in action!

If the writers for that Children's Crusade changed those two details, I would have been the happiest Marvel fan in the world!

Stature is such a waste of character development. What is the point of bringing her father back if she's going to die? I actually rooted for Ironlad when he was trying to get Sature's body to the future so they could have a chance of saving her but Vision just have to interfere. I was yelling, "YOU ARE JUST A MACHINE!!" together with Ironlad when he was killing Vision for not letting him take Stature's body. That's the only time I rooted for the "bad" guy in a superhero story. So, yeah. I wouldn't be as disappointed with Children's Crusade if Patriot is the one that fought Dr. Doom at the end and became what patriots usually ends up of being, dead. The way Marvel killed of Stature reminds me of how DC uses Superboy-Prime to kill off characters. Anyway, there is still a chance that Kang/Ironlad went back to the past and switched Stature with a life model decoy programmed to sacrifice herself (he is very smart afterall).

#15 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@BaBaBoom said:

@papad1992 said:

@BaBaBoom said:

@papad1992: Because he disrupted the "spell" that would have given all the mutant's powers back!!

Exactly!! and out of all the Young Avengers he's the least interesting one.

And he's the one that I wished that had died instead of Stature!!

So he disrupted the spell that would have given all the mutants back and his teammate, Stature, who just newly got her dad back, was killed in action!

If the writers for that Children's Crusade changed those two details, I would have been the happiest Marvel fan in the world!

Stature is such a waste of character development. What is the point of bringing her father back if she's going to die? I actually rooted for Ironlad when he was trying to get Sature's body to the future so they could have a chance of saving her but Vision just have to interfere. I was yelling, "YOU ARE JUST A MACHINE!!" together with Ironlad when he was killing Vision for not letting him take Stature's body. That's the only time I rooted for the "bad" guy in a superhero story. So, yeah. I wouldn't be as disappointed with Children's Crusade if Patriot is the one that fought Dr. Doom at the end and became what patriots usually ends up of being, dead. The way Marvel killed of Stature reminds me of how DC uses Superboy-Prime to kill off characters. Anyway, there is still a chance that Kang/Ironlad went back to the past and switched Stature with a life model decoy programmed to sacrifice herself (he is very smart afterall).

That last part sparked hope back into my heart!!

#16 Posted by Alch21 (210 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes my fav one.

#17 Posted by DATNIGGA (1235 posts) - - Show Bio

@etamogrey77: I always thought of him as a wanna be captain america... i dont hate him just don't care about to much

#18 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's a damn lame steroid user. CHEAT.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.