Follow

Patriot

Character » Patriot appears in 355 issues.

A founding member and leader of the Young Avengers, Elijah Bradley is the nephew of Josiah-X and grandson of Isaiah Bradley. After receiving a blood transfusion from his grandfather, Elijah now possesses the abilities of a Super Soldier. Patriot recently resigned his title of Patriot and now lives with his mother.

What if Captain America gave Patriot his blood?

dreamcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dreamcaster

When Patriot took the shot that was ment for Captain America,he lost alot of blood.After the battle between the Kree and i think Skrull.Captain America rushes to the Hospital and says that he would give his blood to Patriot but Luke Cages girlfriend said "Sorry looks like a super soldier already beat you to it." There you see Patriots Grand Father giving Patriot his blood. 

So my question is If Captain America gave Patriot his blood instead of Eli's Grand Dad would it have made a differance? 

Mazy3261

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mazy3261

I don't think so.  They're both super soldiers with the same powers.  They were given similar serum.
    Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Slinger

So the blood gave Eli powers? So anyone Cap gives a transfusion to gains powers? Why was there a problem creating super-soldiers back in WWII until present?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think because the super soldier serum doesn't work on just anybody, didn't it have negative effects on the other test subjects? Plus then they've gotta have the same blood type. And then there's the fact that Cap probably didn't want his blood being used to create an army of super soldiers.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By pixelized
    @dreamcaster said:
    " When Patriot took the shot that was ment for Captain America,he lost alot of blood.After the battle between the Kree and i think Skrull.Captain America rushes to the Hospital and says that he would give his blood to Patriot but Luke Cages girlfriend said "Sorry looks like a super soldier already beat you to it." There you see Patriots Grand Father giving Patriot his blood.  So my question is If Captain America gave Patriot his blood instead of Eli's Grand Dad would it have made a differance?  "
    a difference in what???
    dreamcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dreamcaster
    @pixelized: His powers since Patriot isn't as strong as Steve and he took the super soldier Serum.
    Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hyperlight

patriot actually has superhuman abilities.... hes not just peak human. which doesn't make any sense at all. maybe the residual MGH and SSS gave him superhuman physical attributes.

kareem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kareem

if he now has the same serum that his granada had inside of him, isn't it possible he will develop the same mental problems his granadad has when he gets older?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Unless they have the same blood type giving him his blood could be deadly....

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @kareem said:

" if he now has the same serum that his granada had inside of him, isn't it possible he will develop the same mental problems his granadad has when he gets older? "

I don't believe it was the serum alone that contributed to Isiah's mental problems, it was probably a number of different things they tried to recreate Captain America. I didn't read the comic with Isiah Bradley in them but I did see a few pics of him now and he kinda reminds me of Muhammad Ali. So the recreation of the Super Soldier Program, add that with the fighting over the decades is probably what contributed most to his diminished mental facilities.

Oh and if Patriot and Cap aren't the same blood type it would kill Patriot.
    kareem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kareem
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    "@kareem said:

" if he now has the same serum that his granada had inside of him, isn't it possible he will develop the same mental problems his granadad has when he gets older? "

I don't believe it was the serum alone that contributed to Isiah's mental problems, it was probably a number of different things they tried to recreate Captain America. I didn't read the comic with Isiah Bradley in them but I did see a few pics of him now and he kinda reminds me of Muhammad Ali. So the recreation of the Super Soldier Program, add that with the fighting over the decades is probably what contributed most to his diminished mental facilities.  Oh and if Patriot and Cap aren't the same blood type it would kill Patriot. "

i thought that because of something involving Isiah not being bombarded with zeta rays(or something like that) after getting the serum his mind couldnt cope with the mental increase. I might be confusing stories.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @kareem said:
    " @Nova`Prime` said:
    I don't believe it was the serum alone that contributed to Isiah's mental problems, it was probably a number of different things they tried to recreate Captain America. I didn't read the comic with Isiah Bradley in them but I did see a few pics of him now and he kinda reminds me of Muhammad Ali. So the recreation of the Super Soldier Program, add that with the fighting over the decades is probably what contributed most to his diminished mental facilities.  Oh and if Patriot and Cap aren't the same blood type it would kill Patriot. "
    i thought that because of something involving Isiah not being bombarded with zeta rays(or something like that) after getting the serum his mind couldnt cope with the mental increase. I might be confusing stories. "
    I wouldn't be able to speak to that because I never read the comic, I am mainly speaking of what I have heard about the possible experimentation and what you see happen with people who have had dramatic head injuries.
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Leliel
    @PrinceIMC said:
    " I think because the super soldier serum doesn't work on just anybody, didn't it have negative effects on the other test subjects? Plus then they've gotta have the same blood type. And then there's the fact that Cap probably didn't want his blood being used to create an army of super soldiers. "
    It good that you because you have to be genetically 'acceptable' the requires were never specifically shown but its the same for gamma people as how the Hulk give blood transfusion to his cousin making her She-Hulk, but still if use in the wrong person it just hurt and possibly kill them. That makes we wonder how come a villainous doctor has not kindnappe She-Hulk and run her dry off her blood and use to make Hulking monsters
    zeroisnotloser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zeroisnotloser

wat about this guys what if patriot was a avarage joe and he voluntered for a blood transfusion with cap then he gets al the powers
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Skaddix

Maybe but the Serum probably only works if you have the right genetics and blood type. Yeah but Patriot is superhuman across the base attributes and is bullet proof.

zeroisnotloser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zeroisnotloser

ya know i never thought about that

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.