DC's 'The New 52' Mystery Woman Name Revealed

• 125 results
#51 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@fACEmelter88: I guess your not to happy with the New DC 52 reboot. Do you hate the reboot or do you just dislike DC in general.

#52 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Well, she wants to keep her box shut.

innuendo? lmao

Ha I was wondering if  anybody would get it lol
#53 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sky_Jokiel: I agree with your statement

#54 Posted by BatClaw89 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: you are way off

#55 Posted by BatClaw89 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonTempest: Don't ever compare the garbage that Marvel writes to the great story telling and characters that DC comics produces.

#56 Edited by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

@vardamir said:

Am I the only one who thinks "Pandora" an extremely uncreative name for a mysterious woman?

Nope, not at all. next September...Crisis of Infinite Flashpoints!!!

@The Dark Huntress said:

Pandora's Box = The New 52. They've written themselves an excellent back door for when/if they decide to retcon this.

Tabernacle, preach! No Back doors my ass, Didio

#57 Posted by Archlord (140 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought mystery woman was Raven's rebooted form.

I hope the don't return the DCnU back to the DCU, because I'm coming to like it.

#58 Posted by Archlord (140 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatClaw89:

Mister, somebody needs to sit you down and lecture you on the different writers comic books have had over the years, who have worked for both rival companies.

Say if a writer that worked on The Amazing Spider-Man published a Batman title that you absolutely loved, you gonna call it garbage?

I hope I'm making a valid point here... maybe it's just me being a fan of Marvel and DC that compelled me to say that. Please forgive.

#59 Posted by raider17 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

i like her explanation in tiny titans the best

#60 Posted by MetallicMercury (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally!! I have such high hopes for this character.

#61 Posted by EugeneSaxe (227 posts) - - Show Bio

#62 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@BatClaw89 said:

@DEGRAAF: you are way off

thanks. could you fill me in?

#63 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@raider17 said:

What was her explanation?

#64 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't help but think this reveal would be better in an issue then just DC posting it on their site.

#65 Posted by redhood21 (814 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sky_Jokiel said:

So basically she is a fall out in case people want the old universe back

Thats exactly what i thought when i saw that she was in every new 52 issue.

#66 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9001 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if this is the same Pandora from the Greek Myth Pandora's Box. I guess we will have to wait and see

#67 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, I am calling this now. Pandora. Anyone who is familiar with any hint of Greek mythology will see the cleverness in such a character. I won't even go into detail for those who don't know the tale, for online research is a wonderful thing. But for those that know, you will see where I am going with this when I say that she basically is the overarching linchpin of this whole post-Flashpoint/New 52 reality. She is a tangent representation of the bridge between the old order and the new, and technically can be a fail-safe to return the multiverse back to the old reality should us as fans not wish it anymore. Simple as that. The name has given it away. If I'm wrong on down the line I will be humbly surprised.

#68 Posted by Wolverine0628 (398 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a pretty cool name. Definitely intriguing that she might have caused the new universe. Maybe she's a Harbinger-type character.

#69 Posted by Lvenger (19256 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarthShap: Ah that explains something. It's quite possibly the case he'll be on Earth 2 as a depowered version of himself, probably more closely related to the GA Spectre as modern Spectre is probably too powerful by the New 52 standards. I actually quite liked the way Johns had the Spectre unable to beat Nekron as in my opinion, that was a pretty inventive strategy of removing the Spectre from the story. However, Spectre being scared of Parallax and Ganthet's statement that the 'power of the Spectre is nothing compared to the Guardians of the Universe' was PIS. Anyway thanks again! :)

#70 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I alwaty thought she was a creeper

#71 Posted by The_Tree (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

She should shove most of the relaunch back in the box.

#72 Edited by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoilers HERE

@DEGRAAF said:

@raider17 said:

What was her explanation?

#73 Posted by cagedleo730 (231 posts) - - Show Bio

DC said all along that she was a new character. I can say that some of you didn't hear that little nugget. Otherwise you're either joking or dense.

#74 Posted by sparty-dbq (791 posts) - - Show Bio

What's with every new thing being called Pandora these days? The Internet radio station, the planet from Avatar, the planet from Borderlands, those cheap bracelets from Kay Jewelers, and now the DC mystery woman. Will someone put more that 20 seconds of thought into the naming process, please?!

#75 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

oooOOoOOhhhh! excitement! can't wait to see how "Pandora" plays out in all this...

#76 Posted by Sekele (276 posts) - - Show Bio

so she's THAT Pandora?

#77 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wanted her name to be Stinky Linky but Pandora has a nice ring to it so I'll refrain from making an observation painted into a criticism...this time. * points authoritatively at no one *

#78 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4701 posts) - - Show Bio

She's Stan Lee.

#79 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@DarthShap: Ah that explains something. It's quite possibly the case he'll be on Earth 2 as a depowered version of himself, probably more closely related to the GA Spectre as modern Spectre is probably too powerful by the New 52 standards. I actually quite liked the way Johns had the Spectre unable to beat Nekron as in my opinion, that was a pretty inventive strategy of removing the Spectre from the story. However, Spectre being scared of Parallax and Ganthet's statement that the 'power of the Spectre is nothing compared to the Guardians of the Universe' was PIS. Anyway thanks again! :)

Now that I think about it, the Spectre could not hurt Atrocitus either. So that was the third time Johns actually brought the Spectre to a story so that he could explain why this plot hole he points out is actually not one because of some new BS reason he just made up.

The thing is, with suspension of disbelief on his side, I do not think Johns needed to explain to us why BN did not end in twelve seconds with a snap of the Spectre's fingers because I doubt the readers would have started to wonder what the Spectre was doing at that precise moment. Johns did not have to invent a new weakness in order to remove the Spectre from the story because he did not have to put the character in the story in the first place.

That is the thing with suspension of disbelief. We will not mind if nobody notices that Clark without his glasses is Superman (I am looking at you John Byrne). We will not mind if Batman is captured by his enemies who do not take his mask off while Batman himself does not use his JLA communicator to call Superman or the Flash. The same goes for the Spectre here.

#80 Edited by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

I always liked Pandora, It's such a pretty name

#81 Posted by bunkerbuster05 (305 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Alright, I am calling this now. Pandora. Anyone who is familiar with any hint of Greek mythology will see the cleverness in such a character. I won't even go into detail for those who don't know the tale, for online research is a wonderful thing. But for those that know, you will see where I am going with this when I say that she basically is the overarching linchpin of this whole post-Flashpoint/New 52 reality. She is a tangent representation of the bridge between the old order and the new, and technically can be a fail-safe to return the multiverse back to the old reality should us as fans not wish it anymore. Simple as that. The name has given it away. If I'm wrong on down the line I will be humbly surprised.

Sounds about right!

#82 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't get enough of that internet radio!!!!!!!

#83 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour: Punny!

#84 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

See my post on page 1 or 2 ;)

Great minds and all that jazz.

#85 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: I've gotta say I'm actually disappointed with the name choice. Pandora almost feels like a cop out. I wish they had put a little more effort into it.

#86 Posted by themanwoaname (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

Pandora's Box = The New 52. They've written themselves an excellent back door for when/if they decide to retcon this.

which better be f'ing soon. im tired of not reading comics anymore.

@jsphsmth said:

@fACEmelter88: How? By retooling their line into better selling, better reviewed comics? By forcing the industry to implement same day digital sales? By sticking to a pricepoint and guaranteeing timely delivery of their products?

Hater gonna hate.

hyping novelty and only positive reviews sure does make money. but it's a joke. any time there's a bad review from a reader they're a hater. negative website reviews are nonexistent. remember how awful snakes on a plane was? still made money.

i knew she was a cop out all along. hopefully she actually means something to dc instead of some other trivial crap jim lee comes up with.

#87 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour: It's a bit...predictable. I was hoping for something a little more innovative.

I mean, it clearly gives away what she was theorized as being (their failsafe for if/when they want to reboot). I would have liked a little more mystery to the character and her name, despite the fact that a lot of us were pretty sure what her function was going to be.

#88 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

She's going to sacrifice herself, so that Kratos can kill Zeus with the power of hope.

#89 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanwoaname: Then read them? Nobody's stopping you other than you. I understand that people (comics fans perhaps most of all) dislike change, but the DCnU has produced a lot of excellent books.

#90 Posted by _Cain_ (23666 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow so VERY many different possible explanations.

Good Job DC you peaked my interest.

#91 Posted by Mr_riddler (15734 posts) - - Show Bio

Awwww, I wanted it to be the Ambush Bug

And remember kids, the continuity is the most importan thing in a comic book, thank you for ruining the continuity, Didio.

#92 Posted by Billy Batson (57939 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_riddler said:

And remember kids, the continuity is the most importan thing in a comic book, thank you for ruining the continuity, Didio.

it's not like they haven't rebooted before.
BB

#93 Posted by Mr_riddler (15734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: this reboot was unnecessary, Batson, was pure marketing and recycling.

#94 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

See my post on page 1 or 2 ;)

Great minds and all that jazz.

:) See this is why I've always liked you, for great posts like that!

#95 Posted by NightFang (9973 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm...

#96 Posted by Wowlock (207 posts) - - Show Bio

I still think she is DC's ''get-out-of-messed-up-stories'' card. Say if something really bad happens or the fans start to give up on some of the series, DC can just '' Well Pandora opened her box in this series ! You gotta check how she fixed it all ! ''

It is nice to see a new and mysterious character. But giving her such a presence might only make the dissappointment bigger if they don't play her right.

Soo I am tentative about it.

#97 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

... Interesting...

#98 Posted by themanwoaname (30 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@themanwoaname: Then read them? Nobody's stopping you other than you. I understand that people (comics fans perhaps most of all) dislike change, but the DCnU has produced a lot of excellent books.

i dont understand. are you asking me to support something i absolutely abhor with every fiber of my being? dc's continuity was perfectly fine before the new 52. i havent seen one thing that involves any character i love that is worth taking a second look at. JLI is a pathetic read.

#99 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_riddler said:

I still imagine it is Ambush Bug...not like it would be the first he would be cross-dressing. XD

#100 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought for sure she was the New 52 version of Lyla a.k.a. Harbringer.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.