DC's 'The New 52' Mystery Woman Name Revealed

• 125 results
Posted by G-Man (37025 posts) - - Show Bio

During the final issue of FLASHPOINT and every single #1 issue of DC's "The New 52," a mysterious woman in pink was seen. In the #1s, she was just there standing around. It was this woman that had a part in ushering in this new DC Universe we've been reading the past four months.

Today, DC has revealed her name on The Source.

"Her name is Pandora."

We'll have to stay tuned to see where she turns up next and wonder why DC chose now to reveal her name.

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34021 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, she wants to keep her box shut.

#2 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

I was talking to a store owner not too long ago and he didn't believe me that she was in every #1.

#3 Posted by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

So if she is Pandora, does DC consider the New 52 to be all the evils of mankind? ^^

Guess I understand now why they remind me so much of the 90's. :D

#4 Posted by G-Man (37025 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daveyo520: It's been shown on several sites. I did an article and posted most of them even. She's there.

#5 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Bah, 'tis a ruse.

#6 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: I know she is. I guess I am trying to say he didn't know his stuff.

#7 Posted by saoakden (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Pandora? This should be interesting.

#8 Posted by CrimsonTempest (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that was a bit anti-climatic. Far be it from me to put down a good plot twist, of course. It's just that this seems familiar to what Marvel does that it hints a cross-over mega event or that the announcement seems open to be asked more questions about her. I could be wrong.

#9 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

...interesting

#10 Posted by DEGRAAF (7899 posts) - - Show Bio

Im just curious how powerful she is. I havent been following JL (unfortunately) maybe Darkseid is going to be going after her power. I wonder is the source and the source wall still exist

#11 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

we got a name. we need MORE!

#12 Posted by Billy Batson (58209 posts) - - Show Bio

BB

#13 Posted by Thunderscream (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

fart

#14 Posted by StarKiller809 (1239 posts) - - Show Bio

Very interesting. I really liked looking for her in my comics. I really think that she was a fun surprise to see in them and I think that DC Comics should continue to do something with her.

I'm a little worried however, I think that she could be the reason for an event. I'm all good with events, but  I really want DC Comics to go with the direction that they should just stay in their own series way right now. I think they should have events a little more down the line.

However, I'm looking forward to see what this girl will be doing in the DC Universe.

#15 Posted by BatMark_ (49 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason she strikes me as a character who would appear in Doctor Who... Anyone else getting the vibes?

#16 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

ok

#17 Edited by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in.

#18 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

She is in batman #2 too, when the owl crash on a car in the fall from the tower.

#19 Posted by The Impersonator (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

This is too early to reveal her name. If DC wanted to reveal her true motivations and identity, they should take the time to do it.

#20 Posted by Croi (173 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@Daveyo520: It's been shown on several sites. I did an article and posted most of them even. She's there.

Yeah, but most comic book store owners are stubborn. A lot of them in my store don't listen to anyone but themselves. Even if you're right and can prove it...

#21 Posted by pspin (892 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that's the Shroud after a slight wardrobe change.

But seriously, this could be interesting. I wonder what book she will be in, Justice League or Justice League Dark perhaps

#22 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio
For those who didn't see her.
#23 Posted by Maystack (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man now I remember seeing her in hawkman and wondering who the hell she was. Didn't even consider looking in aquaman for her. Mind = blown.

#24 Posted by Lvenger (20864 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. And so the mystery deepens. Perhaps she's the new Kismet or all powerful avatar of the new DCU. And where's the Spectre in all this? I haven't seen him in the New 52.

#25 Posted by mynameis7 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry but by revealing her name pisses me off more than ever, because thats all they did. Now im left wondering why did they put her in one of the final pages of flashpoint and every new 52 issue #1. I mean she must be of some great value i would think if DC put her in EVERY #1 issue. WHYYYYY!

#26 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgotten about her lmao

#27 Posted by wowylied (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Her apparition in batman # 2 :

#28 Posted by vardamir (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who thinks "Pandora" an extremely uncreative name for a mysterious woman?

#29 Posted by LastLegend (13 posts) - - Show Bio

My only complaint is where the fuck is Dr.Fate???

#30 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

boo.

#31 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Supposedly, she's going to be explored upon in Stormwatch at some point in the future.

@The Impersonator said:

This is too early to reveal her name. If DC wanted to reveal her true motivations and identity, they should take the time to do it.

Agreed, but so many of the fans feel the opposite. "We want Starfire to acknowledge past relationships RIGHT NOW", "We want Cyborg as a fully-fledged hero RIGHT NOW", "We want Kid Flash's origin revealed RIGHT NOW", etc etc. A lot of people don't seem to want a full story anymore, just the ending. I don't understand that mentality.

#32 Edited by DarthShap (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

Hmm. And so the mystery deepens. Perhaps she's the new Kismet or all powerful avatar of the new DCU. And where's the Spectre in all this? I haven't seen him in the New 52.

I doubt it but he could be gone from this new New Earth, like all the other Earth-2 characters.

Now, I could be wrong and he could still appear in Green Lantern of any of the Dark series but he was kind of a burden in the past few years, so much so that Johns had to come up with more and more BS rules to explain why he could not help (like he is afraid of Parallax or he cannot hurt Nekron)...

@LastLegend said:

My only complaint is where the fuck is Dr.Fate???

Same thing here I guess. Earth-2 character and kind of burden in the past few years.

#33 Posted by fACEmelter88 (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever......DC already raped their franchises who cares about Pandora

#34 Posted by cobra88king8 (345 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my problem with the modern comics industry. Revealing her name now, outside of the comics, outside of any events she's a part of, Is completely useless! It makes the character matter less and it makes the reveal nonexistent. I'm fine with reveals being spoiled the day of book release, I can understand that it helps sell books, but this doesn't help anyone and seems like an odd decision to spoil now.

#35 Posted by The Impersonator (5564 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan: Well, that mentality depends if the fans wanted spoilers right away or just get over with the story, and move on.

#36 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless she's coming up in an event real soon, no sense in revealing her name this early. Leave the fans anticipating. All this makes me believe that something big is coming in the near future. .

#37 Posted by Mercy_ (92925 posts) - - Show Bio

Pandora's Box = The New 52.

They've written themselves an excellent back door for when/if they decide to retcon this.

#38 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34021 posts) - - Show Bio
@fACEmelter88 said:

Whatever......DC already raped their franchises who cares about Pandora

#39 Posted by Doomsday65 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I smell Crossover Event!!!

#40 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@fACEmelter88: How? By retooling their line into better selling, better reviewed comics? By forcing the industry to implement same day digital sales? By sticking to a pricepoint and guaranteeing timely delivery of their products?

Hater gonna hate.

#41 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
Pandora's Box = The New 52. They've written themselves an excellent back door for when/if they decide to retcon this.
With a risky move like 52 it was smart to have this fail-safe.
But since the sales are good, looks like no need to close the box.
#42 Posted by Migz13 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

I smell... EVENT!

#43 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

innuendo? lmao

#44 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

I use to think that was Providence, Void or an amalgam of the two from the Wildstorm comics.

#45 Posted by Mercy_ (92925 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts Agreed.
#46 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio

So basically she is a fall out in case people want the old universe back

#47 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: I was agreeing with you...lol
^_^
#48 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting thought that the new universe was caused by her...

#49 Posted by thecheckeredman (398 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87 said:
heh heh heh
#50 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@StarKiller809: I have every issue of the New DC 52, and she appears in every each 1 of the series (some of them were really hard to find her in the panel)

Personally i think she was created in case the New 52 Reboot fails they would have a character to fall back on to reset the universe back the way it was.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.