DC Teases TRINITY OF SIN: PANDORA

• 70 results
#51 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio
#52 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

So can't wait to get this soon enough! Can't wait for it, for Trinity War, or for the new Phantom title. I really hope in this book we see like you said, what her true intentions are, and if anything, this still reconfirms for me that Pandora is the lynchpin of the entire New 52 reality and that she's its fail safe should something go wrong. I'm probably only one of a few out there still who thinks this whole New 52 shtick is going to carry on for another year or two before the plug is pulled.

#53 Posted by Perfect 10 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

hawk and dove! they so need to put these characters (hawk and dove, static, etc) of canceled books in other books. dont get why static isnt a part of teen titans

#54 Posted by Cavemold (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspacet: milestone limbo.

Secondly decent pic

#55 Edited by wimble23 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_tea_light: No, these is a picture from Ravagers, Dial H and, if I'm not mistaken, Team 7 on there as well.

#56 Posted by Cavemold (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he was reverted to milestone,?

#57 Posted by detective38 (165 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as this being the reboot of the reboot that is extremely unlikely. DC would not be doing story arcs like batman year zero if it were going to be immediately reversed. Also I just like everyone else who loved the character want damian to return but bringing him back via this event would be a horrendous story

#58 Posted by Perfect 10 (943 posts) - - Show Bio

im more interested in the question. we know who pandora is, we know who phantom stranger is but who is the question? what did he do to be punished by the wizards? what is he tasked with to gain redemption? will be picking up this book cause i do like pandora and have liked the phantom stranger series

#59 Posted by Grey56 (723 posts) - - Show Bio

A little part of me hopes Pandora is DC's way of demolishing the horrendous New 52 universe and reverting back to the status quo

This is the first time I think I have agreed with the lady. And I couldn't do it any more emphatically.

#60 Edited by Vaeternus (9345 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@z3ro180 said:

Is trinity war a cross over or an event ?

Kind of both, I think. It takes place in cross-overs (the three JL books) but they're treating it like an event.

Which will mean it's going to most likely be canon too, so pumped :)

Still, this newer Pandora character is interesting. I don't know why I think of her as a female Spectre, must be the attire lol

I'm 99.999% sure this event was always canon. I don't see why they'd do a non-canon story in canon books, ya know?

Not what I meant lol I wasn't as specific as I should have been ;) I'm saying usually big crossovers tend to be not canon or retconned or later on have some reason why it never happened. Like also with the upcoming Superman and JL vs. He-Man, there's still lots of speculation if that will be canon or not. Personally, I hope it is but who knows..

#61 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10902 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheadedatrocitus said:

So can't wait to get this soon enough! Can't wait for it, for Trinity War, or for the new Phantom title. I really hope in this book we see like you said, what her true intentions are, and if anything, this still reconfirms for me that Pandora is the lynchpin of the entire New 52 reality and that she's its fail safe should something go wrong. I'm probably only one of a few out there still who thinks this whole New 52 shtick is going to carry on for another year or two before the plug is pulled.

You don't think New 52 is going to last forever (until the next reboot in 10 years)?

Not what I meant lol I wasn't as specific as I should have been ;) I'm saying usually big crossovers tend to be not canon or retconned or later on have some reason why it never happened. Like also with the upcoming Superman and JL vs. He-Man, there's still lots of speculation if that will be canon or not. Personally, I hope it is but who knows..

Oohh okay! I understand now, sorry lol. Trinity Wars will probably be a make or break of the New 52, so..let's wait and see. And I think JL vs He-Man is a noncanon "just for the lulz" type story but I agree, I do hope it's canon too.

#62 Edited by Vaeternus (9345 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheadedatrocitus said:

You don't think New 52 is going to last forever (until the next reboot in 10 years)?

@vaeternus said:

Oohh okay! I understand now, sorry lol. Trinity Wars will probably be a make or break of the New 52, so..let's wait and see. And I think JL vs He-Man is a noncanon "just for the lulz" type story but I agree, I do hope it's canon too.

lol all good man. But yeah, I think JL, Superman, Batman titles, few others are doing well right now for New 52. I think the Trinity War will definitely help. I also admit I'm a sucker for crossovers. I still want to see a new DC New 52 vs. Marvel current. It's been a while. I'll understand if the JL vs. He-Man won't be canon but since DC owns the rights to He-Man now you never know ;) they could make it one of the 52 Universes lol or something crazy if they wanted(but probably won't)

#63 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Trinity War vs Infinity... Take your pick!

#64 Posted by akbogert (3180 posts) - - Show Bio

Trinity War.

That was easy.

#65 Edited by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Trinity War.

That was easy.

^^^ This

#66 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

hard to compare when TW ends when Infinity is practically starting

#67 Posted by akbogert (3180 posts) - - Show Bio

@arnoldoaad: Well, I don't think that's necessarily true. Potential-wise, Infinity seems to be a rehash of previous world-endangering stories that Marvel likes to do (and with Thanos no less). Conversely Trinity War is a very carefully-plotted event whose seeds were planted over two years ago and whose build-up, specifics, and consequences were clearly factored into the very fabric of the New 52.

Sure, Trinity War could turn out terribly and bomb, but it has much greater potential (in my opinion) which is why picking it was so easy to me. The likelihood that Infinity will even be a memorable event is somewhat slim, and the likelihood that if it is memorable it will be so because it does something horrible is pretty high.

Put another way: I am excited to read Trinity War. I have no interest in Infinity beyond a slight sense of dread at the idea they may actually change something with it. (Oh and before anyone calls me a DC fanboy, I'll note that I'm very excited for the big X-Men event in the fall).

#68 Edited by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

Please let this retcon Justice League: Origin out of existence.

I want Waid, Morrison, Rucka, and Palmiotti to get together in one room and plot/script a 12 issue origin tale that is as epic as Year One or Birthright.

Then let Ivan Reis, Doug Mahnke, Chris Samnee, or Francis Manapul draw the book. Give the artist as much time as he needs to draw all twelve issues.

We would get the most badass, epic, funny, heartwarming story ever!

I'd like that. Btw its Wally right?

#69 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

this reminds me of the madame web thing before she went in the coma!just before issue 700 I think

#70 Posted by Queso6p4 (1429 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd almost forgotten about Pandora, but this just makes me think about how horribly the Phantom Stranger and Spectre's origins have been re-written.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.