DC Teases TRINITY OF SIN: PANDORA

• 70 results
Posted by G-Man (32081 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the biggest mysteries since the New 52 started is what's up with Pandora? First known only as a mysterious glowing pink lady, we all wondered what her intentions were. She was seen at the end of FLASHPOINT and was responsible for merging the DC, Wildstorm and aspects of the Vergito universes together. This lead to the current New 52 Universe. She also appeared in all the original #1 issues.

Since then, we've learned a tiny bit more. She was punished as part of the Trinity of Sin, as seen in last year's DC COMICS NEW 52 FCBD issue. With TRINITY WAR coming this summer and the debut of her own ongoing series written by Ray Fawkes, DC teased a two-page spread from the issue.

Will we find out what her true intentions are? What about what's in her Pandora's Box? More importantly, will we find out what she was doing in all those #1 issues?

Source: DC Comics

Staff
#1 Edited by The Stegman (23894 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for this!

#2 Edited by feargalr (1160 posts) - - Show Bio

lol Pandora's box

edit: I know I know, I'm the worst.. but still.. lol

#3 Posted by Shika1Dude (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Damien...:'(

#4 Posted by akbogert (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why but I'm really excited about this. Pandora may have had very few appearances but all of them have made an impact, and she's the thing that most interests me about the whole Trinity War event. I don't even care about the fighting or its effects. I just want to see if she achieves redemption or revenge.

#5 Posted by BuNKiTZ (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I look at the image and the first thing I see is Damian... :(

#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92680 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

Is trinity war a cross over or an event ?

#8 Posted by Outside_85 (8651 posts) - - Show Bio

All that page does is remind me of how many books have been canned since the New 37/52 launch.

#9 Posted by BR_Havoc (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pretty cool! but does anyone else get the feeling this is leading into a new crisis after trinity war?

#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11337 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

Kind of both, I think. It takes place in cross-overs (the three JL books) but they're treating it like an event.

#11 Posted by BR_Havoc (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

@shika1dude: Don't worry I am sure we will see Damian again :). I just think he will be aged a little (god forbid he can grow up like a normal kid)

#12 Edited by Beast_in_the_Shadows (428 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc: I would be all for that, honestly. The reboot has left me with next to nothing to care about in DC (everything I liked wither being restructured beyond recognition or completely absent) So a new Universe couldn't make things worse for me, but only present the possibility of fixing a few things.

#13 Edited by D_Knight (65 posts) - - Show Bio

i could be wrong but it looks like the scenes being viewed are the same panels of the #1 comics where she appeared (more or less). Ill have to dive into my #1's and check out my theory.

#14 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

better be worth the reboot dc. so far it wasnt.

#15 Edited by Rixec (361 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Blue Beetle is on there!

Poor Damien...

#16 Posted by LordRequiem (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

It is enticing, but I'd bet it'll be slightly underwhelming.

#17 Posted by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

on the upper left corner notice there is deadman but well he is not dead.

#18 Posted by Sidious (61 posts) - - Show Bio

is it re-re-boot time again?

aside: what exactly do we call going back to the old DC? a Reversion? a Re-boot?

#19 Posted by feargalr (1160 posts) - - Show Bio

Me hopes Damian being there, and being practically in the middle bodes well for him... but I'm probably just hoping for the impossible...

#20 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2140 posts) - - Show Bio

Like this

#21 Posted by akbogert (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't expect a retcon of New 52. Year Zero is planned for 11 issues and it would make no sense to have a year-long origin story start in July for a version of a character who wasn't going to exist after September.

#22 Posted by The_Tree (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashdamn: Each image looks to be a moment from The New 52. The picture of Deadman is from his arc in DC Universe Presents.

#23 Posted by jwalser3 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Resurrection man??!

And I really hope this doesn't become a second Flashpoint.

#24 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure how long the new 52 is going to last. I think when the universes are fixed there are going to be some events that remain from the old and the new and I honestly believe Damian is going to be alive.

#25 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Look! A bunch of characters that we haven't seen in a long time! Or with cancelled books! Hawk and Dove! Voodoo! Grifter! Blue Beetle! Booster Gold! Resurrection Man! OMAC!

#26 Posted by kid Apollo (712 posts) - - Show Bio

why is the old Batwing costume in there?

#27 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure how long the new 52 is going to last. I think when the universes are fixed there are going to be some events that remain from the old and the new and I honestly believe Damian is going to be alive.

Let me clear that up for you. What you believe: Everyone will be alive again and everything will revert back.

I wonder. Do you think that the people in the golden age thought that the silver age would revert back? That Hal Jordan wasn't going to be a Green Lantern anymore and that Alan Scott would take his place as the prime Green Lantern?

Honestly, it is delusional to think the universe would be reverted. And technically Damian is alive as a clone. Who says there aren't other clones running around?

#28 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

A little part of me hopes Pandora is DC's way of demolishing the horrendous New 52 universe and reverting back to the status quo

#29 Edited by Master_Thief (774 posts) - - Show Bio

So Marvel has Infinity wars

DC has Trinity wars

#30 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

Please let this retcon Justice League: Origin out of existence.

I want Waid, Morrison, Rucka, and Palmiotti to get together in one room and plot/script a 12 issue origin tale that is as epic as Year One or Birthright.

Then let Ivan Reis, Doug Mahnke, Chris Samnee, or Francis Manapul draw the book. Give the artist as much time as he needs to draw all twelve issues.

We would get the most badass, epic, funny, heartwarming story ever!

#31 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by BR_Havoc (1286 posts) - - Show Bio

@beast_in_the_shadows: I could see that or if DC refuses to let go of the new 52 universe I could see perhaps Pandora's box getting cracked or something silly like that and it merging the old universe with this new 52. It would be the easiest and cheapest way of getting characters that were left out of the new 52 back in and fixing hiccups in the new 52.

Also to all the people missing Damien you know when DC gets Snyder to write the epic 10 part mega cross over for the return of Ra's al Ghul, Damien will be back like he had never been gone :).

#33 Posted by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she'll bring back Damian.

#34 Edited by StMichalofWilson (3757 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Waid, Morrison, Rucka, and Palmiotti to get together in one room and plot/script a 12 issue origin tale that is as epic as Year One or Birthright.

Then let Ivan Reis, Doug Mahnke, Chris Samnee, or Francis Manapul draw the book. Give the artist as much time as he needs to draw all twelve issues.

This

#35 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

I am looking forward to seeing how this story plays out because DC has been teasing it for years now.

#36 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4208 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibi_iroh said:

Let me clear that up for you. What you believe: Everyone will be alive again and everything will revert back.

I wonder. Do you think that the people in the golden age thought that the silver age would revert back? That Hal Jordan wasn't going to be a Green Lantern anymore and that Alan Scott would take his place as the prime Green Lantern?

Honestly, it is delusional to think the universe would be reverted.

This guy gets it.

#37 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

DAMIAN :(

#38 Edited by Green_Tea_Light (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Are those not the moments in the issue 1's when where Pandora was in the background?

#39 Posted by Captain13 (3318 posts) - - Show Bio

@outlawrenegade said:

This

^^^^^

#40 Posted by Spartnqbrn (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: I also think Constantine, Trinity of Sin: Pandora, and Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger are part of the Trinity War Crossover.

#41 Edited by DarklyDreamingDeadpool (174 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds good, i'll think i give it a try. dc allready getting 70 bucks per month from me, so now they're getting 3 more..... or 4?

anyone knows the releasedate of pandora?

#42 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11337 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: I also think Constantine, Trinity of Sin: Pandora, and Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger are part of the Trinity War Crossover.

I forgot about those. But according to solicits, those are "tie-in" issues.

#43 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180 said:

Kind of both, I think. It takes place in cross-overs (the three JL books) but they're treating it like an event.

Which will mean it's going to most likely be canon too, so pumped :)

Still, this newer Pandora character is interesting. I don't know why I think of her as a female Spectre, must be the attire lol

#44 Posted by bladewolf (728 posts) - - Show Bio

So glad Demon Knights got a shout-out in that picture.

#45 Posted by darkrider (444 posts) - - Show Bio

hawk and dove have a big panel Does this mean they will have a big role i hope so

#46 Edited by krspaceT (1473 posts) - - Show Bio

@sovereign91001 said:

@doordoor123 said:

@chibi_iroh said:

Honestly, it is delusional to think the universe would be reverted.

This guy gets it.

Honestly, the New 52 isn't utter garbage. Is it flawed, yes. But everything is flawed. And the same guys who complain about the New 52 also hate this

And this

And this

We comic book fans are very.....negative towards change. I'm sure back in the seventies people hated Chris Claremont and George Perez just as much as they hate the writers now.

Yet, without change we get easily tired of it. We comic readers are unpleasable really

But I do have one gripe here

WHERE IS HE!

#47 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who sees Wally West as Kid Flash in the upper right? Sure doesn't look like Bart... looks like red hair. Even has his goggles from YJ.

#48 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11337 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@z3ro180 said:

Which will mean it's going to most likely be canon too, so pumped :)

Still, this newer Pandora character is interesting. I don't know why I think of her as a female Spectre, must be the attire lol

I'm 99.999% sure this event was always canon. I don't see why they'd do a non-canon story in canon books, ya know?

@ravager4 said:

Am I the only one who sees Wally West as Kid Flash in the upper right? Sure doesn't look like Bart... looks like red hair. Even has his goggles from YJ.

Oh my...you're right...that's not Bart's costume, the hair does seem red, googles from YJ..if the photo was bigger, we'd be able to tell his eye color (hoping for green). Amazing find....now we hope...

#49 Posted by martyyy15 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

They better not get rid of aquaman I love his new 52 series. And its bad enough johns is leaving GL. I hope new writer is just as good and doesn't mess up the GL universe

#50 Posted by Samuel_Simmons (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspacet what you said. Also, static got canceled, and if you meant where is he in that picture, then idk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.