Follow

Padmé Amidala

Character » Padmé Amidala appears in 192 issues.

Former queen of Naboo, one of the most important and most respected Republic senators, wife of Anakin Skywalker and mother of Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker.

Star Wars: Clone Wars: Romance, Duty & Intrigue Collide

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

The second season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars is underway.  In "Senate Spy," premiering Friday, October 16 on Cartoon Network at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT, Padme goes against Anakin's wishes.  She is recruited by the Jedi Council to rekindle and old flame in order to obtain information from a suspected traitor.  The former love interest is suspected of conspiring with the nefarious Banking Clan.  Anakin has no choice but to watch powerlessly from the shadows as Padme risks her life and tries to court the affections of another man.

Catherine Taber, the voice of Padme, said:

I think the relationship is just fun to watch. We try to incorporate some of the things that are inherent to all deep love relationships – like jealousy and the little struggles for power, as well as those inside jokes that can only really exist between two people who know and trust one another. I want people to feel that when Anakin is in the mix, it is the only time when Padmé loses focus. In fact, I think it makes her uncomfortable, and she feels she has to prove – to herself – that her top priority is the Republic. I personally believe that, underneath it all, her primary allegiance would be to Anakin – but I don’t think she’d ever admit it.

This episode marks a departure from the normal formula of epic battles and fierce fighting.  Now we will see a focus on the political side of the war.  Here's a clip from "Senate Spy."

mrduckluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrduckluck

I don't like padme episodes they're too boring
    Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Nahero

hes just thinks that she might cheat on him

Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Psyker star
    @mrduckluck said:
    " I don't like padme episodes they're too boring "
    i don't like them either i actually only watch the episodes with the Jedi but its still one of my favorite show on television 
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Media_Master

Still need to watch this.

Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jx4gz

laame

04nbod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By 04nbod

Padme Amidala is amazing, seriously more of a feminist icon than princess leia. I don't like her animation though. Padme was more serene in the movies than in this show.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tyler Starke

Why didn't he say "WOMAN you're pregnant! have you lost your Da*m MIND!"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.