superguy0009e's Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero #1 - K-Day; Turn of the Tide; The Bond review

Fun Read For Those Anticipating The New Movie

Pacific Rim: Tales from Year Zero is a comic written by Travis Beacham, script writer of the upcoming movie Pacific Rim. Guillermo Del Toro (the director) overlooked this comic from everything from the art to the letterer. It is supposed to act as a prequel to the movie as well as give back story to important events and characters that aren't as well centered in the movie.

How does this comic hold up? That's the hard part. Since it is a prequel to a movie that hasn't come out yet, I cannot tell what parts are accurate and fluff or what actually happened. I do trust in the team, however, since these are the guys who worked on the movie.

The art is great. Each artist shows a great mixture of action, characters, background and so on in every panel. You can tell that these guys are not just random goons hired and these are people who can actually draw.

The stories are a lot of fun, the only issue is, like I said before, I don't know what matters and what plot points will be answered later. There are things that are not always explained in detail, and if you are the type of person that needs explanation, you may not always get it.

The characters are fun and memorable, and if they are anything like their movie counter parts, I think this upcoming film will be great. All the characters felt needed,but just like the story aspect, some characters may not get as much growth/development due to the movie possibly doing more with the characters.

All in all, if you are like me and cannot wait for Pacific Rim, pick this puppy up. If not, wait until you can find it for a bit cheaper, or better yet, wait for the movie to come out and decide if you want to know more about the PR universe.

All in all, it give it a 2.5/5. (Maybe you can add 1/2 or 1 if you are excited for PR)