Follow

Ozma of Oz

Volume »

Eric Shanower and Skottie Young continue their adventures in the world of Oz with this translation of the third L. Frank Baum book.

Misprinted Variant Cover? Preview Copy?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jakob187

As I stopped by the shop to pick up the first issue in the continuing adventures of Oz, I was greeted to something rather confusing. 

No Caption Provided
    If you aren't paying close attention, the one on the left is the regular issue...and the one on the right happens to say "Variant" in the top left hand corner as well as "Not For Resale" above the bar code. 

Now, I don't know what the deal is here.  I spoke with Skottie Young over Twitter about this, and it doesn't necessarily sound like this is a misprint, but this is the first time I've ever come across something like this.  Could anyone enlighten me?  If the one on the right is a misprinted variant cover (since Shanower and Alpothia are supposed to have the two variant covers for the issue), then I want to pick this sucker up!  If it's just some preview copy being pawned off as a variant, then I'll need to have a talk with my comic shop.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

I'm puzzled by the 'not for resale'.  Variants are meant to be sold ;)

It's pretty rare to get a mistake like this.  But that doesn't mean it'll be worth mega-bucks in future. 

I'm still going to wait for the Hard Cover trade like normal :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.