Follow

Oya

Character » Oya appears in 867 issues.

Oya (Idie Okonkwo - pronounced "Ih-Dee-Yeh Okonkwo") is a young Nigerian girl who gained her powers post M-Day. She is one of the Five Lights and the third member that Hope activated. She is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Why doesn't Oya talk to Dr.Kavita Rao about the Cure?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

Oya seems very much in limbo about whether she accepts being a mutant or not. Why hasn't she had a meaningful conversation with Dr.Rao. I am not saying she has to take the cure, but I am saying this idea leads to some interesting ideas and maybe some decent choices and character development for both.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By jordama

I think she doesn't know about the cure.

Plus i think she is so consumed feeling like a monster that she wouldn't think the cure would "save" her.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By poisonfleur

@jordama said:

I think she doesn't know about the cure.

Plus i think she is so consumed feeling like a monster that she wouldn't think the cure would "save" her.

Oh Damn. Speaking of which.. Did she ever get over that evil Idie phase? Where she first laughed at the school and told everyone she is going to hell and she would rather just have fun. That ruined her character for me. I liked the whole bright eye christian girl character she was. This other side to her is ehhh... I hope they clear that up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.