Follow

Oya

Character » Oya appears in 870 issues.

Oya (Idie Okonkwo - pronounced "Ih-Dee-Yeh Okonkwo") is a young Nigerian girl who gained her powers post M-Day. She is one of the Five Lights and the third member that Hope activated. She is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Power Amplification

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Namor1987

Is it possible that she could have Iceman stand in front of her & she channel a ice attack through him strengthening the blast?

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By jordama

She has stated that she probably could take the heat out of the ocean and direct all that heat but it would probably kill her. I think her powers are massive but have the risk of killing her if she over extends them.

So While I guess it is possible for her to redirect the Iceman's ice, it would cause him to, well no better way to say it, melt. And there really wouldn't be a point because Iceman's powers and control are a good deal better.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @jordama said:

She has stated that she probably could take the heat out of the ocean and direct all that heat but it would probably kill her. I think her powers are massive but have the risk of killing her if she over extends them.

So While I guess it is possible for her to redirect the Iceman's ice, it would cause him to, well no better way to say it, melt. And there really wouldn't be a point because Iceman's powers and control are a good deal better.

When did she state that ?
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jordama
    Generation Hope 11
    Generation Hope 11
    Generation Hope 11
    Generation Hope 11
    Generation Hope 11
    Generation Hope 11

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jordama said:

When did she state that ?

She was talking about blasting the sentinel in Issue 11. Maybe my comment was a little vague when I said The Ocean more like all the water around Utopia

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @jordama: Wow, that's just incredible.
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jordama

@AgeofHurricane said:

@jordama: Wow, that's just incredible.

Did your fanboyism for her just go up a notch?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @jordama: Well.....i guess it did :P !

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.