Oya's Generation hope general thread

#1 Posted by mickaelsurtour (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Oya and Kenji are my favorite characters of the serie by far. 
Both have very interesting character devellopment and the psychology behing the characters and their reactions/motives are really well written. 

The last page of generation hope 10 impressed me sooo much, i could not help but feel deeply sorry for Oya...

I just hope she won't go on the other side of the "fence" and repay the others for all the sad moments she's endured or she's about to endure. 

The last page is really priceless. The whole issue is dedicated to Oya. The last words are Oya's too. 
If you're intersted by the character as weel let's discuss her devellopment. 

Cheeers ^^

#2 Posted by Nuec_Sol (187 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like how Kieron Gillen is developing a deep sense of pathos with Oya. I also feel see is the most realistic character out of the teenage mutants, because acts like a child, not like an adult, who's been through hell.

#3 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sad that she'll be leaving the Five Lights.

#4 Posted by mickaelsurtour (8 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm actually happy to see her leaving... Logan seems really caring toward her. 
I can't get over cyclops decision of getting her to do "what she think she should do", no wonder why the writers said she'd have a big part in shism. This particular move meant a lot to wolverine. 

I also think there's something realistic about her reactions ^^ 
In this issue, beeing able to be in her head, we understood a lot more of what was behing her lines. And she said it herself, she doesn't always say what she think and prefer to pretend that she doens't understand sometimes ahah ^^

#5 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops telling her to "do what she felt she had to" was down right WRONG.

#6 Posted by eter (203 posts) - - Show Bio

SHe's probably appear in Wolverine's team as he began to care a lot of her and with reason. Cyclops put her in a bad posistion and she is, among Laurie and Kenji, one of the strongest characters of the team.
#7 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

WOlverine: It should have been me. 
Cyclops: You were at a bar. 

Yeah, I was wondering where Idie was. I was hoping they weren't going to kill her, 'cause that would be cheap.

#8 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

I think schism is showing a lot more of what she is capable now. We really only see mutants that are okay with their powers now, this is more uncharted territory.  

I think Cyclops did the right thing having her make the choice to do what she did, she said more lives than if they waited for Wolverine to get there. 

#9 Posted by mickaelsurtour (8 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
I think schism is showing a lot more of what she is capable now. We really only see mutants that are okay with their powers now, this is more uncharted territory.   I think Cyclops did the right thing having her make the choice to do what she did, she said more lives than if they waited for Wolverine to get there. 
yes she did but at what cost... 
The last page sum it up :/
#10 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@mickaelsurtour: She felt like a monster since the beginning. And something that hasn't been addressed is her background and the use of killing. The group of men were going to kill her and I get the sense that death has been a part of her life for a while, this is not new. 
#11 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

I see nothing wrong with what she did. 

This is a manufactured crapfest.  Let's just hope what follows is good.

#12 Edited by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish she would had stayed with hope's team so she'll get more panel time. Now that she's at wolverine's school, she won't get much appearances and she might even get stuck in comic book limbo. When she was in hope's team ,she was featured a lot but in Wolverine and the x-men she is just gonna be background art. She may have gotten some panel time in WAXM but it won't be nearly as much in generation hope

#13 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

I wish she would had stayed with hope's team so she'll get more panel time. Now that she's at wolverine's school, she won't get much appearances and she might even get stuck in comic book limbo. When she was in hope's team ,she was featured a lot but in Wolverine and the x-men she is just gonna be background art. She may have gotten some panel time in WAXM but it won't be nearly as much in generation hope

We'll just have to wait and see, so far she's being featured more than other characters have (which isn't a good thing but still) and she's going to be getting some panel time in #3 with Kid Omega and Broo.

#14 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: yes, I wish she comes back to hope's team though.

#15 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700 said:

@AgeofHurricane: yes, I wish she comes back to hope's team though.

I don't.

#16 Posted by poisonfleur (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

She is such an under rated character. I love that Marvel gave her a purpose and character. I am so glad she didn't become a token minority. Oya is well written sometimes and fascinating at times.

#17 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

If Oya dropped the whole I'm a monster shtick I would probably like her alot more, her bubbly self loathing is irritating at times.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.