Follow

Oya

Character » Oya appears in 867 issues.

Oya (Idie Okonkwo - pronounced "Ih-Dee-Yeh Okonkwo") is a young Nigerian girl who gained her powers post M-Day. She is one of the Five Lights and the third member that Hope activated. She is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Idie Info:

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By KumoriKunoichi

This is either a good way to cover it up or the truth. Took this off of Uncannyxmen.net 

According to “Generation Hope” writer Kieron Gillen Idie’s age is a mistake. She is supposed to be 14, not 12. 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

So Mr Fraction forgot the continuity that had been agreed with his co-writer?  Why doesn't that surprise me...  Either way, she's still very mature looking for a 14 year old.  Stereo-typical comic physiology.   

Personally, I think it would have been more interesting to have a younger character.  After all, it's pretty rare for a character to develop mutant powers at such a young age.  She could learn to control her abilities quicker than older characters, etc...

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KumoriKunoichi

yeah..i think it's just them trying to save themselves. :/

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By jordama

I liked the idea of having a younger character, but I guess 14 going on twenty is as close as we will get.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator

Any character that appears in Uncanny, I really need to be over 20. Less heebeejeebie's  

I think Gillen answered this a few places too, i found it funny how it makes Storm look. 0_o

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By jordama

actually I just read the Heroic age: X-men source book and it says 12 too. So this is all messed up at this point.
    Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Namor1987

I like her at 17

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.