Follow

Outsiders

Team » Outsiders appears in 571 issues.

The Outsiders is a group of Batman-adjacent, non-primary superheroes in the DC Universe that handles major threats that are endangering the Earth and its people from outside the system.

Review: Outsiders #29

Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    Vampires and vampire hunters gnash fangs as Looker plays a cat and mouse game with Stake. 

THE GOOD 
    Whichever artist drew the second half of this issue did a bang-up job. The art gets heads-and-tails better by the halfway point. I would've liked to have seen more of it. Also, I have to say that there were definitely some good quips throughout this, particularly the whole exchange about Stake having something "long and pointy" for Looker in the night club.

THE BAD 
    I haven't been reading this title, so I can't tell which pages are drawn by Tan and which are by Kramer, but the impression I got is that whichever drew the first half of this issue was brought in late and had to do a rushed job. The art's very inconsistent for that first half. Sometimes it's got a cool Howard Chaykin quality, then it seems a little sloppy and, at points, even a little amateurish. The two big panels of Stake are so straight-on and symmetrical that they seem like anatomy studies from a portfolio. Story wise, I'm generally stick to death (pun intended) of vampires and, even though this adds a superhero element, I don't feel that this really put enough of an interesting spin on the creatures to get my interest.

THE VERDICT
    This issue's kind of messy, art wise. I get the sense from the cover that this was meant to court fans of Twilight, Vampire Diaries and all the other stories about the creatures of the night, but I really wasn't feeling it. Stake, in particular, came across as rather poorly-realized and I'm not really interested in seeing what Looker's spurned fan does next.

2.5/5
    GraveSp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GraveSp

Yeah I honestly didn't think this issue really went anywhere or had anything to do with the current Outsiders story.  

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By geraldthesloth

This issue definitely wasn't my cup of tea.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By doordoor123

I dont read outsiders.
    Is this a jumping on point or is there somewhere else i could start?

grkpektis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By grkpektis

This story had so much potential. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.