Would U Buy It #40: "JSA: All-Star Origins"

Posted by cbishop (6940 posts) - - Show Bio
#DateWelcome to WUBI # 40:Choose Your View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
4011/03/10JSA: All-Star Origins(Blog) (Forum)Origin Story(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:JSA: All-Star Origins.
Collecting 10 Issues:All-Star Squadron #23, 33, 41, 47, 61-63, 65-67.
Covers: (click to enlarge)
TPB Cover: All-Star Squadron #67

Imagine: Ten Golden Age origins all told by Roy Thomas! Get the origins of Amazing-Man, the Freedom Fighters, Starman, Dr. Fate, Liberty Belle, Shining Knight, Robotman, Johnny Quick, Tarantula, and the first case of the Justice Society! I think this would be an awesome collection, but I don't think that it would sell as an All-Star Squadron collection, which is why I gave it a JSA title..

For the cover, since I gave it a JSA title, I'd go with the JSA cover, from issue #67. In truth though, I'm partial to the Robotman or Dr. Fate covers. The JSA cover is the better choice though, even though it would imply that each character on the cover would get their own origin in the TPB. It'd be a little bit misleading, but not entirely a cheat, since it's the cover for the JSA story that would be inside.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

#1 Edited by cbishop (6940 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by cbishop (6940 posts) - - Show Bio

to be edited.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.