Am I The Only Person Enjoying The Series Orchid?

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

Edited By shawn87

I don't really hear anyone talking about Orchid, one of the new series from Dark Horse. The first three issues are out and they've been incredible. Sad thing is it looks as if I'm the only one reviewing the series. There was another person who reviewed an issue but I'm the only user to review all three so far. I'd love to hear other peoples perspective on the series. Personally I've become fascinated with this world Tom Morello has created. I had never heard of the guy before this (don't shoot me). So I had no idea of whether or not he could create compelling comics. I took a chance since the first issue was $1.00 and it was one of the best decisions I've made in the past few months (concerning comics). The artist Scott Hepburn has earned my admiration. This guy is talented. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes and ears out for him in the future. If anyone else is reading this series let me know how you're liking it. 

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#1  Edited By Hawkeye446

I just read your other blog about this series. It sounds really intriguing. I'm interested. I will have a look out for it and get back to you! :)

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By shawn87
    @Hawkeye446 said:

I just read your other blog about this series. It sounds really intriguing. I'm interested. I will have a look out for it and get back to you! :)

Awesome. I'd love to hear what you think of it. I think the series has a great deal of potential.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

I am reading and I am a fan. i was drawn in by the covers. Very underrated book. I'll try and review them later as well or Blog about it. 

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By lykopis

lol - but so am I reading this? It's an awesome book - should get more attention.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shawn87
    @SC said:
    I am reading and I am a fan. i was drawn in by the covers. Very underrated book. I'll try and review them later as well or Blog about it. 
    Yeah the covers are very eye-catching. Glad to see there are other people enjoying this series.
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shawn87
    @lykopis said:

lol - but so am I reading this? It's an awesome book - should get more attention.

Definitely should. 
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hawkeye446

@shawn87 said:

@Hawkeye446 said:

Awesome. I'd love to hear what you think of it. I think the series has a great deal of potential.

I can't wait! I read the Preview. A -MA-ZING!

Thanks for advertising it! :")

@SC: @lykopis: Typical that it is you two already reading it. I feel even more like a simpleton.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shawn87
    @Hawkeye446: Glad I could recommend something of interest to you. Hope you enjoy
    XMASCATEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By XMASCATEXE

It looks decent. Thanks for propping this. I got confused and excited thinking this was related to the Black Orchid DC/Vertigo series, one of my favorite comics ever and there was finally a new series. .-_-.

Anniki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Anniki

I've read the first two issues. The first issue drew me in and the second kept my attention. I'm loving the artwork and the characters of Orchid & Simon. I'm always interested in stories of a dystopian future, and the ways different writers & artists portray it. The "genetic code got smashed" is a good angle, and an opportunity for some awesome, creepy and scary creations. I can't wait to see more.

I'm still fairly new to Comicvine and not confident enough to put a review up, but I will in the future :-)

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shawn87
    @Territorialhawk said:

I've read the first two issues. The first issue drew me in and the second kept my attention. I'm loving the artwork and the characters of Orchid & Simon. I'm always interested in stories of a dystopian future, and the ways different writers & artists portray it. The "genetic code got smashed" is a good angle, and an opportunity for some awesome, creepy and scary creations. I can't wait to see more.

I'm still fairly new to Comicvine and not confident enough to put a review up, but I will in the future :-)

The third issue was great because it filled in readers more about the past of the world, more specifically on the character of General China. He's the one who the mask belonged to. It was a pretty interesting story. I'm looking forward to the next issue a lot.
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hawkeye446

@shawn87: FINALLY found #1 and read it. Soo so good. I need more.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shawn87
    @Hawkeye446: Glad you liked it as well. I stopped picking up comic issues all together a couple months ago so I'm waiting for the trade to come out
    Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hawkeye446

@shawn87 said:

@Hawkeye446: Glad you liked it as well. I stopped picking up comic issues all together a couple months ago so I'm waiting for the trade to come out

I think that's whatI will just do. MCS doesn't even stock it and it's at like #7 or so. I'll just wait :)

Ooh, tell me if it does come out, please, if you could :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.