Follow

Optimus Prime

Character » Optimus Prime appears in 1059 issues.

The leader of the Autobots in their war against the Decepticons, Optimus Prime is a noble robot that believes freedom is the right of all sentient beings. He has fallen many times over the course of his different incarnations, but always returns in the Autobots' darkest hour. He truly believes that true peace may never occur until "All Are One". He has had several alternate modes throughout his many different incarnations, but is most renowned for his earliest transformation into a semi-truck.

Should Optimus Prime have his own comic book title?

GraveDigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With a character of grand stature and prominance as big as Optimus Prime, I'd wonder if the thought ever dawned on IDW or any previous comic book producer. Does this sound like a probable idea or a shipwreak? I'm curious.

Avatar image for deactivated-632c98ad46ce5
    deactivated-632c98ad46ce5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why should he? It's not like Optimus Prime gets shit done, it's always a group effort. I wouldn't want to read any Optimus Prime standalone volume.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Bruxae

No.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#4  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@rantanplan1980 said:

Why should he? It's not like Optimus Prime gets shit done, it's always a group effort. I wouldn't want to read any Optimus Prime standalone volume.

A little harsh on Optimus but overall concept I believe is correct. The reason why we love Optimus is because while the most powerful hero(and the only one capable of dueling Megatron) his leadership, wisdom, and graciousness are the things that make him truly unique and well beloved. The greatest leader in fiction needs something to lead.

Don't get me wrong my favorite character could easilly hold his own story and I doubt that it wouldn't work, I'm just saying that it would be better for him to be with the rest of the autobots than by himself.

What I want is a Transformers Comicbook title focused on the war with Optimus Prime, Grimlock, and Ultra Magnus as its main characters...now that is a book worth reading.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
    deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I think a solo mini series could be the best option to take for Prime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
    deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Looks like he has his own already.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.