Onslaught

#1 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Onslaught the greatest telepath or telekinetic? Excluding gods and cosmic entities.

#2 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

onslaught isnt the greatest he is one of the best because people like blackheart has controlled up to 10 million people at once but on earth with no blackheart i think onslaught wins.

#3 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Good point, but yeah, that might be a good battle. I'm not sure quite how powerful Blackheart is in the Underworld. Is he like God down there?

#4 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Blackheart doesnt have to be in the underwolrd unliek his dad he can take souls with out making deals. He riped apart a planet with only telekinisis showing no signs of effort controlled 10million peopel to do his bidding he can lift over 100ton with his hands or mind he thinks reacts and movs at near light speeds hes stronger then thanos being left unchecked he cant be hurt by anythign except for the strongest of magics or phoenix force he has said to even be able to go on the suface of the sun he can even supress others powers and many more things hed beat onslaught lol.

#5 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I didn't know he was that powerful, but I'll check sometime.

#6 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1731 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.........................

#7 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Pan 2099 says:

"Yes........................."

Agreed. I mean its Magneto and Xavier, what else can you say.

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

What else can I say? I can say I don't see Summers or Grey anywhere, and they're known for pumping out people like Cable (who went up against Surfer using nothing but his TK) and X-Man, the bearers of the Phoenix, and further down the line, Psilord. If you're talking about Onslaught with Franklin and X-Man in him, then yeah, but that's not Onslaught, that's Onslaught with help.

#9 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

So are you saying that Cable is a stronger telepath then Onsluaght?

#10 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I was focusing primarily on TK, but tell me what Onslaught did with his TP that was so spectacular. (I haven't read it since forever.)

#11 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont remember exactly but I know he took out Nate Grey and turned New york into his own private playground. He also created a sun to destroy the earth, he most have been stopped but still, creating the sun is pretty damn impressive.

#12 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I know he got Franklin by tricking him, and since I don't remember how he got Nate, I'm assuming he tricked him too. Changing New York and making the sun were things he did with Franklin's reality warping powers.

#13 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont have the arc on hand so I couldnt tell ya but if Onsluaght is powerful enough to trick Nate, isnt that a plus?

#14 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Tricking him isn't the same as overpowering him. In fact, it means he's weaker since he had to trick him instead of taking him outright. That's only if he tricked him though, like I said, I don't remember.

#15 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't necessarily mean he's weaker, maybe he did it to conserve energy, why fight if you dont have to. Either way you make a decent argument.

#16 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'm not sure, but when he was just Onslaught, he took over Chuck's mind, which is sorta impressive. He probed a telepathic proof room and got into Juggy's head. He ripped the gem out of Juggs, and he destroyed most of the school attacking the X-Men. He even created a very realistic holographic image that tricked the Fantastic Four and Franklin. Can't remember how he beat Nate.

#17 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Onslaught is the biggest comic book marketing scam next to Death of Superman. Onslaught was around for like six months with a year of build up to him.

#18 Posted by Shatterstar (4547 posts) - - Show Bio

Phorqe says:

"Onslaught is the biggest comic book marketing scam next to Death of Superman. Onslaught was around for like six months with a year of build up to him."

More than that the traitor storyline started around 1991, Onslaught wasn't revealed to be the traitor until 96 or something like that. Total let down.

#19 Posted by poit (4 posts) - - Show Bio

i was wondering, does anyone have a list of every onslaught, onslaught tie in and onslaught build up issue, if so that would be much appreciated, thanks, pete.

#20 Posted by Shatterstar (4547 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by poit (4 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks very much for the speedy reply, i thought that was all of them, there are a few more that i have on my list but i thought there were more issues hyping him up before he acctually made his debut

#22 Posted by Shatterstar (4547 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure there's more depending how much you want to read into things, there's these from the 2nd link

EARLY HINTS

0) X-Men (2nd series) #25

1) Uncanny X-Men #322

2) X-Force (1st series) #46

3) X-Men (2nd series) #46

4) X-Force (1st series) #52

5) X-Men (2nd series) #49

6) X-Men (2nd series) #50

Then there's a bunch of issues with talk about the X-traitor if you consider that part of the hype too. Other than that you got me, if you know of more feel free to add to the page.

#23 Posted by poit (4 posts) - - Show Bio

yea i have those issues which you stated i wasnt aware that onslaught was the x traitor till reading this topic just today, i will post my entire list which i think covers pretty much every issue that revolves around the storyline including the xmen/doom annual 98

#24 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

poit says:

"yea i have those issues which you stated i wasnt aware that onslaught was the x traitor till reading this topic just today, i will post my entire list which i think covers pretty much every issue that revolves around the storyline including the xmen/doom annual 98"

Oh dude, that's awesome.

#26 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
#27 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio

Onslaught is up there.  At least on Phoenix level.

#28 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: I was surprise that there not a SINGLE reality where Onslaught won or did more damage
#29 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
" @Edamame: I was surprise that there not a SINGLE reality where Onslaught won or did more damage "
PIS. Poor writing at its finest.  The good guys always win. Remember that.
#30 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: The thing is that each time the bad-guys win it always show their Earth is horrible, mostly desert wasteland if Doom rule the world I think it be a fine world, yes totalitarian but fine not many wars same can be said if Magneto killed all humans and only mutants live
#31 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
" @Edamame: The thing is that each time the bad-guys win it always show their Earth is horrible, mostly desert wasteland if Doom rule the world I think it be a fine world, yes totalitarian but fine not many wars same can be said if Magneto killed all humans and only mutants live "
That is because Doom wants to create a utopia.  Onslaught didn't really have that in mind. 
#32 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Leliel said:
" @Edamame: The thing is that each time the bad-guys win it always show their Earth is horrible, mostly desert wasteland if Doom rule the world I think it be a fine world, yes totalitarian but fine not many wars same can be said if Magneto killed all humans and only mutants live "
That is because Doom wants to create a utopia.  Onslaught didn't really have that in mind.  "
We don't know that, he could well destroy the entire world and then get bored make another one and destroy and then do it right
#33 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
" @Edamame said:
" @Leliel
We don't know that, he could well destroy the entire world and then get bored make another one and destroy and then do it right "
You mean Onslaught?
#34 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Leliel said:
" @Edamame said:
" @Leliel
We don't know that, he could well destroy the entire world and then get bored make another one and destroy and then do it right "
You mean Onslaught? "
Yes I'm talking about Onslaught
#35 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
"Yes I'm talking about Onslaught "
I doubt it.  Onslaught is malevolent in nature. 
#36 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Leliel said:
"Yes I'm talking about Onslaught "
I doubt it.  Onslaught is malevolent in nature.  "
I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt or the 'human comprehension idea of evil and good' sort like the Beyonder
#37 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
" @Edamame said:

I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt or the 'human comprehension idea of evil and good' sort like the Beyonder "
Io so, ma no e possible.  Mi dispiace. 
#38 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  You don't need to say sorry, but if we just got someone like Grant Morison to take on Onslaught he give us a different view on them guy
#39 Posted by Edamame (28160 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
" @Edamame:  You don't need to say sorry, but if we just got someone like Grant Morison to take on Onslaught he give us a different view on them guy "
Claro che si!
#40 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  Look what Alan Moore did to Swamp Thing, someone could come along and do the same for Onslaught say he is a representation of home superiors in the grand scale, then be one for Inhumans, Deviants and so on, one could even add to the idea that while Onslaught was accidentally created his position was predetermine maybe have the now Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Voodoo talk to Eternity and Infinity and revealing this plot to him, one could say that then the Combine all the energies of the mutants who lost their powers in M-Day is another manifestation

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.