Do onslaught have more power than phoenix force?

#1 Posted by spekqj (566 posts) - - Show Bio

I heared that Onslaught offered Jean a power that would rival that of the Phoenix Force. It mean onslaught is more powerful than phoenix foece, don't it?

But...i can't agree with this. If onslaught really was more pwoerful than phoenix force, he should be more powerful than eternity or death. 

Do you think it is possible?  

#2 Posted by danhimself (22274 posts) - - Show Bio

onslaught didn't offer her a power more that would rival the pheonix force he just plain offered her the pheonix force and yes onslaught is more powerful then the normal pheonix but i do think the white room pheonix is more powerful then onslaught

#3 Posted by IcePrince_X (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

It will be a contradiction if Onslaught will be more powerful than the Phoenix Force since Onslaught is not the Nexus of all Psychic Energies of the Universe. He may be bluffing with Jean Grey during that time. Though his powers are that immense, I do not think he has that much power to match the Phoenix Force.
The Phoenix Force can wipe out the galaxies and universes which Onslaught has not really done.  I only see Onslaught causing more damage on Earth and not the entire universe or galaxy. I think Jean Grey just know how to contain the Phoenix Force and limits its fullest powers because it can become too overpowering that it may cause more bad than good.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22274 posts) - - Show Bio
caption

caption

#5 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the above supposed to prove?

#6 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"What is the above supposed to prove?"
I'm just guessing, but is it that Onslaught was a horrible idea, and he made boring speeches?

Just puttin' that out there.
#7 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Onslaught have more power than the Phoenix Force? No. The Phoenix Force is the nexus of all psychic energy. Guess what Onslaught is entirely comprised of. He could probably give Jean Grey/Green Phoenix a beat-down, but the Force itself is on a whole different level.

#8 Edited by monaroCountry (15 posts) - - Show Bio
IcePrince_X said:
"It will be a contradiction if Onslaught will be more powerful than the Phoenix Force since Onslaught is not the Nexus of all Psychic Energies of the Universe. He may be bluffing with Jean Grey during that time. Though his powers are that immense, I do not think he has that much power to match the Phoenix Force.
The Phoenix Force can wipe out the galaxies and universes which Onslaught has not really done.  I only see Onslaught causing more damage on Earth and not the entire universe or galaxy. I think Jean Grey just know how to contain the Phoenix Force and limits its fullest powers because it can become too overpowering that it may cause more bad than good.
"

Uatu advises Apocalypse to seek Cables help in order to defeat Onslaught.

Appoc: I wonder if Onslaught himself knows of the untold wreckage he brings upon the universe? How his very existence acts as a siphon. Funnelling down the collective psionic energy of ALL LIVING CREATURES.......for his own personal usage.

http://picsorban.com/upload/onslaught wreck the universe.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

Onslaught talking about himself.............he is afterall psionic energy!!!!!!

Onslaught: Can see this pure, unadulterated psionic energy that permeates the room. ENERGY WHICH ONLY I WIELD, which in turn wields me.

http://picsorban.com/upload/phoenix and onslaught.jpg

Actually it does seem that Onslaught simply ripped out the Phoenix template from Jeans head after she refused to join him. You have to remember that at this stage Onslaught wanted to create a world where mutants could live in peace, he especially wanted his Xman students to follow him. It was only later on that Onslaught decided that mutants as well as humans didn't deserve to inherit the earth (after seeing the AoA reality and how mutants decimated the world).

http://picsorban.com/upload/phoenix and onslaught2.jpg
#9 Posted by Edamame (27944 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Onslaughts reality warping powers, from Franklin, would pose a threat to Phoenix.

#10 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: If his uses full scale reality warping of Franklin he could keep creating but the Phoenix could keep destroying them, but if Onslaught was intelligent enough he could continue absorbed more powerful mutants maybe he could absorbed Vulcan who wielded the Phoenix Force in alternate reality and do the same
#11 Posted by Edamame (27944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
" @Edamame: If his uses full scale reality warping of Franklin he could keep creating but the Phoenix could keep destroying them, but if Onslaught was intelligent enough he could continue absorbed more powerful mutants maybe he could absorbed Vulcan who wielded the Phoenix Force in alternate reality and do the same "
Buon giorno.

When is Onslaught going to come back?
#12 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: buona giornata a te

I don't know but he should team up with Shadow King sense there both psinic entities bend on world domination and started as mutants, if you consider Onslaught being gestal being from Xavier and Magneto's consciousness

#13 Posted by Edamame (27944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
" @Edamame: buona giornata a te  I don't know but he should team up with Shadow King sense there both psinic entities bend on world domination and started as mutants, if you consider Onslaught being gestal being from Xavier and Magneto's consciousness  "
Sei di Milano?

Shadow King is not a mutant. He is an astral demon/parasitic entity that has existed since the dawn of humanity.  

Shadow King doesn't necessarily want world domination. He want so have fun hurting people mentally.  

Onslaught wanted to get rid of both humans and mutants. Then he would recreate it by using his reality warping powers.
#14 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Leliel said:
" @Edamame: buona giornata a te  I don't know but he should team up with Shadow King sense there both psinic entities bend on world domination and started as mutants, if you consider Onslaught being gestal being from Xavier and Magneto's consciousness  "
Sei di Milano?  Shadow King is not a mutant. He is an astral demon/parasitic entity that has existed since the dawn of humanity.    Shadow King doesn't necessarily want world domination. He want so have fun hurting people mentally.    Onslaught wanted to get rid of both humans and mutants. Then he would recreate it by using his reality warping powers. "
What how is he not a mutant, clearly his origins state he was mutant and then his physical body die away and he 'evolved' into the astral parasitic self and didn't Onslaught say he wanted to give home superiors a fighting chance, maybe he was just saying that to get under the skin of people but it sounded real to me
#15 Posted by Edamame (27944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
" @Edamame said:

What how is he not a mutant, clearly his origins state he was mutant and then his physical body die away and he 'evolved' into the astral parasitic self and didn't Onslaught say he wanted to give home superiors a fighting chance, maybe he was just saying that to get under the skin of people but it sounded real to me "
In the comics, it states that the Shadow King is an astral demon that has existed since the dawn of humanity.  The Shadow King simply had a major attraction to Storm and to fulfill such a wish, he had to inhabit the body of Amahl Farouk.

Onslaught got angry at the rest of the mutants when the X-Men did not agree to work for him.
#16 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Leliel said:
" @Edamame said:

What how is he not a mutant, clearly his origins state he was mutant and then his physical body die away and he 'evolved' into the astral parasitic self and didn't Onslaught say he wanted to give home superiors a fighting chance, maybe he was just saying that to get under the skin of people but it sounded real to me "
In the comics, it states that the Shadow King is an astral demon that has existed since the dawn of humanity.  The Shadow King simply had a major attraction to Storm and to fulfill such a wish, he had to inhabit the body of Amahl Farouk.  Onslaught got angry at the rest of the mutants when the X-Men did not agree to work for him. "
I do recall that story line, never took to be much but hey maybe wrong so got with that one for now.

But in different universe maybe the mutants agree with him and he could destroy all humanity leaving only mutant kind
#17 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no PF is multiversal
#18 Posted by Edamame (27944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
I do recall that story line, never took to be much but hey maybe wrong so got with that one for now.  But in different universe maybe the mutants agree with him and he could destroy all humanity leaving only mutant kind "
We can not be certain.
#19 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: And I mean what his take on people like Inhumans or Deviants?
#20 Posted by Edamame (27944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
" @Edamame: And I mean what his take on people like Inhumans or Deviants? "
They are not human mutants. 
#21 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  I know that but does he hate them? Could he learn to tolerate them?
#22 Posted by Edamame (27944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
" @Edamame:  I know that but does he hate them? Could he learn to tolerate them? "
I doubt it.
#23 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: What about non human mutants like the Skrull mutants, I would guess he would not hate them sense they are technically mutants
#24 Posted by Edamame (27944 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
" @Edamame: What about non human mutants like the Skrull mutants, I would guess he would not hate them sense they are technically mutants "
Onslaught only cared about himself. Near the end of the Onslaught, Onslaught made it clear that he wanted to eliminate all mutants, mutates and humans.  Everyone, except for himself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.