Omega Red Apprecation / Discussion

#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (35180 posts) - - Show Bio

Discuss one of Wolverine's greatest villains here...Share pictures, favorite scenes, etc.

Staff Online
#2 Posted by jakob187 (997 posts) - - Show Bio

Omega Red needs to be in one of the X-Men or Wolverine movies. 

End...of...story.

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (35180 posts) - - Show Bio

I can agree with that.
Staff Online
#4 Posted by Sheep-Kill (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes all the way.  Aside from Sabretooth, omega is truly the most sickest of Wolvie's enemies.  I know the second film is to be in Japan but I would like to see him in film just featuring Team X.

#5 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

dude it doesn't matter where it's set, they have made it quite known that they don't care about the storyline (weapon x, him losing his memories, Deadpool, Cyclops and Emma Frost meeting being caught by weapon x.....hmmmmmm......doesn't seem like the story is really on their minds for the movie) so despite it being in Japan its a good chance that Omega Red will be in there lol 

#6 Posted by k4tzm4n (35180 posts) - - Show Bio
@Walker696 said:
"dude it doesn't matter where it's set, they have made it quite known that they don't care about the storyline (weapon x, him losing his memories, Deadpool, Cyclops and Emma Frost meeting being caught by weapon x.....hmmmmmm......doesn't seem like the story is really on their minds for the movie) so despite it being in Japan its a good chance that Omega Red will be in there lol  "

LOL
Staff Online
#7 Posted by simsey (82 posts) - - Show Bio

if omega red is in dat film could see him being very similar in appearance as whiplash in im2 just both russian'long hair whips=tenecles dont know if it would be too close to whiplash to be honest  

but i still would love to see him init
#8 Posted by Paracelsus (1301 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious about his relationship (if any) with Seraph, the Defenders ally. It seems more than simple coincidence( to me at least )that both are super powered albinos who just happen to be employed by Soviet intelligence and who happen to live in the same country- as nothing has been revealed about her family background I suspect that she is his long lost daughter. 

Terry
#9 Posted by Logan X (66 posts) - - Show Bio
@simsey:
Yes, Omega Red in the movies should look like Whiplash in Iron-Man II, but Whiplash kindda of took the thunder.
#10 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Red is def Wolverine's best villain

#11 Posted by Die Stupid Zombie (86 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a random question, and I don't mean to sound stupid or anything, but I was wondering something. Is Omega Red a Lupus Sapien like Romulus, Wolverine, Sabretooth etc.? Or does he just share some similar abilities?

#12 Posted by k4tzm4n (35180 posts) - - Show Bio
@Die Stupid Zombie said:
"This is a random question, and I don't mean to sound stupid or anything, but I was wondering something. Is Omega Red a Lupus Sapien like Romulus, Wolverine, Sabretooth etc.? Or does he just share some similar abilities? "

As far as I know, there has been nothing to imply such.  He was just a mutant with a healing factor who was later experimented on by the Russian Government in an attempt to create their own super soldier.
Staff Online
#13 Posted by Die Stupid Zombie (86 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n: Thanks I was just curious, so I will assume similar things have happened to Cyber then. But I was just wondering because I was browsing through Romulus's page on here and it mentions Omega Red, so I was like I wonder.
#14 Posted by k4tzm4n (35180 posts) - - Show Bio
@Die Stupid Zombie:
Cyber was also naturally a mutant.  He had a healing factor, superhuman strength, and psionic abilities.  I'm not sure if the claws are naturally his or part of what I'm about to mention.  Romulus selected Cyber (Silas Burr) to undergo an experimental procedure, which laced adamantium to his skin (except for his throat and face).
Staff Online
#15 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio

There is an instance in the comics where Omega Red rips off someone´s arms. Crazy stuff.  : ) 

And then when Red restrains a helicopter from going off. 

#16 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

We should get to know more about his childhood, family and then go and put in a movie

#17 Posted by Die Stupid Zombie (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk but for some reason just know I was just wondering how it would turn out if they brought back Omega Red as an Anti-Hero type of character.

#18 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
" We should get to know more about his childhood, family and then go and put in a movie "
Red was a child rapist, I believe. 
#19 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
" @Leliel said:
" We should get to know more about his childhood, family and then go and put in a movie "
Red was a child rapist, I believe.  "
Did he have siblings? Did he rape them? Do they want revenge? Did his parents though he was miss guided child and was he always albino like even as an infant? We need more answer dammit!
#20 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel: I believe that Red was an only child and raped the children in his neighborhood. Then the town wanted to turture him because of his horrible crimes.  I don´t know about parents. Ask k4tzm4n
#21 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  That sounds good enough for me, but come give a limited issue origins of Omega Red, just 3 or 5 issues and we covered it all up and I should really ask 
k4tzm4n for some more info
#22 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel: They should make an Omega Red one shot.
#23 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Make sense to me and for character that been here this long he hardly as any alternative versions of himself
#24 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel: There is an Age of Apoc. version of Red.
#25 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Ya and he die really fast, there no version of MC2, The End, Days of the Future Past or any Sentinel future you think he be a great asset and not want to be killed
#26 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel: And he was recently killed by the Muramasa blade.
#27 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Yup seems like that sword showing of more often this days and well thought of comic character made it back from the dead
#28 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel: That means  that Daken could easily kill Omega Red again. I wonder how he is going to come back to life.
#29 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:  Omega just never seen to win, maybe he out to get an upgrade
#30 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio
Red is tough. Restrained a helicopter, restrained Colossus, fought Logan for a straight 8 hours, ripped a civilian´s arm off, defeated Creed eventually.
#31 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n: Just to be clear, Red is not a cyborg, right? He was born as a human mutant who originally likes raping children and was tortured as a result and pulled into the Soviet Program to make him a super soldier and he received only Carbonadium tentacles into his arms and wore Carbonadium armor?
#32 Posted by Danial79 (2207 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by the referee (2533 posts) - - Show Bio
@jakob187: He was in Hulk VS Wolverine
#35 Posted by Chaos Burn (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

Omega Red rules...

#36 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

he needs an adamantium skeleton, he should be more popular

#37 Posted by notorious (37 posts) - - Show Bio
@simsey said:
"if omega red is in dat film could see him being very similar in appearance as whiplash in im2 just both russian'long hair whips=tenecles dont know if it would be too close to whiplash to be honest   but i still would love to see him init "

gey mickey rouke to play him too he would be perfect for it imo
#38 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio

What is the name of that Uncanny X-Men trade in which Red takes on both Colossus and Logan?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.