Is Omega Red dead for good?

#1 Posted by Danial79 (2325 posts) - - Show Bio

I have yet to read the Wolverine: Origins issue where Omega Red is killed, but I was just wondering if anyone could explain to me exactly how it happens and if there's a possibility of him coming back. He's one of my favourite characters and I'd hate to see him gone for good.

#2 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79: Is anybody gone for good in comics?
#3 Posted by Edamame (28397 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79: Logan used the Muramasa Blade to kill Omega Red. The Muramasa Blade negates healing factors.  That is why Omega Red perished. 
#4 Posted by notorious (37 posts) - - Show Bio

he'll be back  along wit sabretooth,wildc hild and who ever wolverine killed in dat run no one is ever dead in comics but sucks dat we aint gon to get more stories wit him in em
#5 Posted by GothikKnight (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Omega red cannot really die. He does not "heal" like other with healing factors. He siffons Life Force with his Death Factor power. All he needs to do, is touch someone to drain them of Life Force, and it works. As you grow weaker, he gains strength and comes back to life.

I'm betting there is a connection between Omega Red and Romulus too.

#6 Posted by k4tzm4n (34940 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he's dead. The new gang appearing in Wolverine is using pieces of his armor / technology, IIRC.

Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.