Follow

Omega Men

Team » Omega Men appears in 163 issues.

A group of freedom fighters from the Vega System who oppose the tyrannical rule of the Citadel.

The Meaning of the name "Omega Men"

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sinestro2828

Does anyone know where the idea for the name "Omega Men" originated? I mean, does the name have any special significance or meaning behind it for the characters? I know Omega is the last letter in the Greek alphabet, though since the Omega Men are all space aliens from the Vega System I dunno if its original earthly meaning has any significance.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

2 years later and we now have an answer to this.

Sinestro2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@jonny_anonymous: The new series certainly does make that clear with the connection to the Vega System deity Omega & the idea of the group existing to bring an end to the Citadel, AKA the Alpha Empire, though I still wonder what the original meaning behind it was when Marv Wolfman first created the team. Perhaps simply a reference to them being the Vega System's last hope for freedom from the original Citadel?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.