Follow

Omega Effect

Concept » Omega Effect appears in 92 issues.

One of Darkseid's deadliest weapons, the Omega Effect is capable of annihilating virtually anything in the path of its beams. It also has a variety of other abilities.

Omega Beams absorption

justanormalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By justanormalguy

Could the energy be absorbed and used against Darkseid? Like Rulk, for example. Could be absorb it like he did the power cosmic? I read somewhere that only Darkseid could weild the power of the Omega Effect. But Rulk has the ability to absorb energy. Is it possible?

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
    TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheWitchingHour

I doubt it but if it were possible you'd have to be significantly higher up on the energy manipulation ladder than Red Hulk. I doubt that even the Silver Surfer could do it without exhausting himself. He might not even be able to do it at all. Maybe if Red Hulk was significant to the Source but that's pushing it.

justanormalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By justanormalguy

Where's the evidence, though? Rulk drained the Power Cosmic from Surfer easily. The Omega energy would be no different I believe.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
    TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheWitchingHour

@justanormalguy said:

Where's the evidence, though? Rulk drained the Power Cosmic from Surfer easily. The Omega energy would be no different I believe.

Red Hulk was written very poorly under Jeph Loebs run (i.e. punching a watcher and an elder of the universe in the face). He has since been taken back down to realistic levels and I'm not sure if he has displayed his energy absorption since then. Also that particular Silver Surfer was taken out of the time stream minutes after he first became Galactus' herald. He was totally unfamiliar with his powers and didn't know how to fight off Red Hulk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.