What what what!?!?!?!?!

Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

There is nothing in the Olivier Coipel Forum!!!  

THIS IS MADNESS!!!  

*Kick*  

Poor reader.  

I love Coipel. He's got the kind of awesomesauce that you can only get from being left handed. 

#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

He's pretty darn good. 

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Coipel's art, but not many of the actual comics he draws. His run on Thor with JMS was fantastic though.

#3 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira said:
" There is nothing in the Olivier Coipel Forum!!! "
Well now that's not true, is it?
#4 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: He makes me smile.  

@FadeToBlackBolt: That run, with those two, is my favorite comic run EVER. I'm constantly singing it's praises. Even if someone pointed out something that was awful about it, I can't hear them. I only hear good stuff about Coipel.  ^_^

@LightBright: No longer!!!
#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira: Mike Choi has that effect on me. 
#6 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira: Coipel is not my favourite, but his style works with Thor better than anyone else's, imo. He just captures the Norse god's grace and power so well. That run is one of Marvel's best offering ever.
#7 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: It's true. Not just them either, look at Bill of Bills in that run, and every other Broxtonite. he captures subtlety in faces and characters really well. He has a little bit of trouble with consistency, but who cares!!! Every character felt like an individual. 
#8 Posted by SC (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

Coipel gives his characters a nice solid weightiness that I appreciate and endorse. Great proportions for his characters, very sound technical artist. 

#9 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: They are very solid, something that I really appreciate.  Agreed.
#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira said:
"There is nothing in the Olivier Coipel Forum!!!"
You've fixed that :) 

I've only known his work in Generation Hope.  He has a good, consistent & lively style.
#11 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel he doesn't get enough work imo

#12 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: He's coming back on Thor, or so I heard. 
#13 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

His art is great but some of the stuff he ends up drawing is not great but his Thor run was good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.