Why is Odin above Celestials

#1 Edited by BigCimmerian (8400 posts) - - Show Bio

- Odin is much stronger then average Celestials, excluding Arishem, One Above All etc, Odins power in recent years have grown to the point that he has matter and energy manipulation on universal scale which was shown in recent issues of Mighty Thor

- Galactus has shown enough power to one shot Celestials and even tear them apart, Odin can hold his own and potentially stalemate Galan

- Combined blast of Odin, Zeus and Vishnu that didn't harm Arishem was really stupid, and it was writers intention to demonstrate Celestial power, if Thor can crack their armors and harm them, then why combined blasts of 3 most powerful skyfathers did nothing?

#2 Posted by JediXMan (30709 posts) - - Show Bio

Since when is he above the Celestials? Odin, with prep, absorbed the souls of Asgard and entered the Destroyer Armor, and still got crushed when the Celestials came knocking.

#3 Posted by BigCimmerian (8400 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Since when is he above the Celestials? Odin, with prep, absorbed the souls of Asgard and entered the Destroyer Armor, and still got crushed when the Celestials came knocking.

Read what I wrote, it was stupid writing, if Galactus can one shot Celestials and Odin can hold his own/stalemate Galactus then Odin has good chance to easily beat single Celestial. I'm not talking about defeating 4th host, it was Odin alone vs 9 of them.

#4 Posted by All_Mighty_Beyonder (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@JediXMan said:

Read what I wrote, it was stupid writing, if Galactus can one shot Celestials and Odin can hold his own/stalemate Galactus then Odin has good chance to easily beat single Celestial. I'm not talking about defeating 4th host, it was Odin alone vs 9 of them.

what has Galactus to do with that? Galactus is above Odin. Odin never stalemated Galactus, it was on mental state that he hold him for a short moment.

#5 Edited by cosmic_reign (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@JediXMan said:

The writing was not stupid....Odin was simply outclassed.

Technically Odin was alone, BUT had the whole race of Asgardians within him along with a portion of every godhead in existance power to aid him plus 1000 yrs prep. This was the most powerful incarnation we've seen of Odin and he was NOT even a match for a SINGLE Celestial.

#6 Posted by BigCimmerian (8400 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_reign said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@JediXMan said:

Technically Odin was alone, BUT had the whole race of Asgardians within him along with a portion of every godhead in existance power to aid him plus 1000 yrs prep. This was the most powerful incarnation we've seen of Odin and he was NOT even a match for a SINGLE Celestial.

Average Asgardians are non factor. We've seen peak humans kill Asgardians. Doesn't that sound stupid that he need 1000 years of prep to create armor? I'm not sure that every skyfather was giving him power, do you have a scan of that?

#7 Posted by jloneblackheart (5521 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@JediXMan said:

I'm afraid the stupid writing was Fraction having Odin giving Galactus even a remotely difficult time.

#8 Posted by cosmic_reign (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@cosmic_reign said:

@BigCimmerian said:

@JediXMan said:

Average Asgardians are non factor. We've seen peak humans kill Asgardians. Doesn't that sound stupid that he need 1000 years of prep to create armor? I'm not sure that every skyfather was giving him power, do you have a scan of that?

1st- Lemme correct myself...Technically Odin was not alone. We tend to forget that the Unimind was with him which is obsolete considering it was destroyed within seconds of the confrontation. (which kinda indicates that the Host was more concerned about the Unimind rather than the amped Odin/Destroyer).

I didnt think it was stupid that Odin needed 1k yrs prep...i think Marvel wanted to be clear that Odin was extremely outclassed. IMO

I dont have a scan for ya, but believe me....its there on panel.

#9 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

- Combined blast of Odin, Zeus and Vishnu that didn't harm Arishem was really stupid, and it was writers intention to demonstrate Celestial power, if Thor can crack their armors and harm them, then why combined blasts of 3 most powerful skyfathers did nothing?

I can answer this.

It is because Thor unlike Odin, Zeus, and Vishnu is a direct heir of Elder Goddess Gaea.

Gaea is Odin's, Zeus', and Vishnu's great great great great great great grandmother. They were all spawned from gods and gods before them from her (and the rest of the recycled power Atum released from the Elder God massacre) But Thor on the other hand is supposed to be as powerful (potentially) as the 1st spawn of the Elder Gods. (Since Gaea is his direct mother..... And Great great great great great great great mother 0_o;....) Thor used his very life essence to channel that energy to break a hole into the armor of the Celestial, but not harm it.

Celestial's armor is physical, but is just a puppet armor.... There's nothing inside the armor save for a solar system sized space condensed inside a 2,000 foot puppet.

When you destroy an armor of a Celestial, that Celestial is forced to make another armor. The armor is just a puppet that interacts with physical space. Celestials are not as big as their armor. They are bigger.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.