New 52 Ocean Master Respect Thread

#1 Edited by dondave (36503 posts) - - Show Bio
Uses his lightning on Batman
Uses his control over water to incapacitate Wonder Woman
His Trident can generate lightning and he states that his crown can control the Ocean; he also tanks a punch from Aquaman after Aquaman embarrassed Superman
Which he later demonstrates by Curb stomping Superman, Wonder Woman and his Brother Aquaman
As he stated before he can control water (unlike Aquaman, maybe due to his full Atlantean heritage?)
Leader of a formidable Army ( Although it's not much of a feat but it's still awesome)

That's all I've got for now but I will be updating it when he makes more appearances

P.S if anybody wants me to make more New 52 respect thread, Ii can. I pretty much picked up every issue from every series since the relaunch

#2 Posted by BlackWind (6100 posts) - - Show Bio

About damn time Orm looked impressive. I've always found him underwhelming.

#3 Posted by dondave (36503 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind:Same, the pre-52 version was a chump

#4 Posted by BlackWind (6100 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: I'm appreciating Orm as a schemer and manipulator, that's how I think he should be. But I've always found him less impressive tgan he should be. I wonder if his weapons are Atlantean tech?

#5 Posted by ComicStooge (12539 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah! He looks like a total badass!

#6 Edited by Vaccine (277 posts) - - Show Bio

WHOA. I have little to no knowledge of Ocean Master but dammit, my respect level for this guy has just increased significantly. I shall now move on to researching on him as much as possible.

#7 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

He also tanked a punched from Aquaman, which is impressive and indicative of his more physical attributes.

#8 Posted by dondave (36503 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: oh my bad

#9 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio
@dondave: lol. No problem. Great job on the thread
#10 Posted by BlackWind (6100 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicfan11: Didn't even Vulko get a good hit on Superman? Geoff Johns is doing well to show Atlanteans are strong!

#11 Posted by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah.
Atlanteans are a big threat in the NuDCU

#12 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7864 posts) - - Show Bio

ocean master is a beast hes my favorite nxt to general zod nobody can mess with icean master he has lightning and he as strong aquaman

#13 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8655 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Justthatkid (3441 posts) - - Show Bio

Really cool character, I hate how he looses this fight though.

#15 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

A selfie of Ocean Maser. I love Paul Pelletier's art here, very precise. The also compliments his sketch quite nicely.

#16 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by jimlforeman (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Really enjoyed reading Throne of Atlantis and Orm was written and drawn awesomely! Ivan Reis really excels in his large group shots but that one of Orm coming out of the sea to confront the JL and declare war? Amazing.

Ocean Master has a clear MO and is a great addition to the new 52. Plus they finally made him look cool - his reverse Aquaman/King of Atlantis outfit looks great.

#18 Posted by Ostyo (7456 posts) - - Show Bio

Orm gives hope that Aquaman's Rogue gallery will only keep getting better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.