Follow

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Character » Obi-Wan Kenobi appears in 587 issues.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was a Jedi Knight who was instructed by Qui-Gon Jinn and he himself taught Anakin Skywalker. Both Kenobi and Anakin fought in the Clone Wars which led to Anakin turning to the dark side and betraying the order. Obi-Wan hid on the planet Tatooine where he watched over Anakin's son Luke, whom he began training to be a Jedi, like his father once was.

Wedge Antilles is Obi-Wan's uncle!?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Ok, so the title is only slightly misleading. The actor who played Wedge Antilles (Denis Lawson) is actually Ewan McGregor's maternal uncle.

He talks about it within the first minute of this video.

Interesting, eh?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes, this has been pretty common knowledge among science fiction fans since 1999, do you even lift?? :D

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JakeN7

@cattlebattle said:

Yes, this has been pretty common knowledge among science fiction fans since 1999, do you even lift?? :D

I had no idea! I found out yesterday...

And I've been a sci-fi and Star Wars fan since '95. I knew I was going to look foolish for not knowing this though, and it would be claimed to be common knowledge. Oh well...

Lol

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Yeah, granted I am probably a spot older than most people on here, I remember the near unfathomable hype Episode 1 carried. It was everywhere, and I remember almost every interview McGregor gave he would mention his uncle being the one that got him into acting and that his uncle was in the original trilogy.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Yeah, granted I am probably a spot older than most people on here, I remember the near unfathomable hype Episode 1 carried. It was everywhere, and I remember almost every interview McGregor gave he would mention his uncle being the one that got him into acting and that his uncle was in the original trilogy.

See, I remember the hype very vividly. But, I don't remember ever seeing Ewan McGregor until Phantom Menace. Probably because I'd only watch cartoons back then, but still.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

ember almost every interview McGregor gave he would mention his uncle being the one that got him into acting and that his uncle was in the original trilogy.

See, I remember the hype very vividly. But, I don't remember ever seeing Ewan McGregor until Phantom Menace. Probably because I'd only watch cartoons back then, but still.

He was in a couple of films noteworthy before Episode 1. Trainspotting was a breakout hit. He was also in a film called Velvet Goldmine. Neither of those films probably would have been seen by kids. So, he like, much of the rest of the cast of that movie was relatively unknown at the time. He did do a lot of promotion for he film.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

ember almost every interview McGregor gave he would mention his uncle being the one that got him into acting and that his uncle was in the original trilogy.

He was in a couple of films noteworthy before Episode 1. Trainspotting was a breakout hit. He was also in a film called Velvet Goldmine. Neither of those films probably would have been seen by kids. So, he like, much of the rest of the cast of that movie was relatively unknown at the time. He did do a lot of promotion for he film.

Oh for sure! I loved Trainspotting. I just saw it after the fact. Yeah, I was too young to watch like late-night talk shows and stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.