Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#1  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The third and final(?) mini in the WSUs end of the world series has just started. For those of you who read it (who am I kidding, I'm talking to myself here), what did you think? I liked it, thought it was a good set up.

Kinda Spoiler-y Here

Not exactly sure what's going on yet but it seems to be like a weird WSU/Matrix thing going on. A bunch of (at least 666) old or dead characters (some we know, most we don't) have their bodies or whatever's left of them hooked up to machines that put their minds in a fake city where they can relive their glory days, fighting aliens, robots, evil geniuses and whatnot. Doesn't seem like they know it's fake, they're just living their lives. The newest hero (though he hasn't shown up yet) is The High. After his run-in with the Stormwatch storm shield he's basically a puddle of goo, but he's alive and he'll be joining the other heroes sometime soon. Until he gets there though, this story is about The Paladins, the group of heroes that protect this fictional city. They're supposedly "classic" Wildstorm heroes as opposed to the more modern ones we're used to, and they act like it. It's a good intro for them.

I also like the connections in the book. There are references to old events (Change or Die mostly) and the other WSU series that have just finished. Makes it feel like it's all part of the same universe, which is how it should be.

And from the end of the issue...

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Leliel
    @Buckshot: Has this been collected I like to read the entire thing I'm just moving into Wildstorm been always a fan of Marvel but this nice dark theme is really nice
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

http://www.amazon.com/Number-Beast-Scott-Beatty/dp/1401219993

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
    @Leliel:
     http://www.amazon.com/Number-Beast-Scott-Beatty/dp/1401219993

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.