What is Nova's power level?

Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read the latest Secret Avengers, and I was never really into Nova until just recently. I know he's supposed to be mad powerful, but how does he stack up on some other characters out there? Like is he stronger than Hulk? Thor? Silver Surfer? etc. 

#1 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Are you referring strength wise, or power wise? Power wise he should be above Savage Hulk, but he he is several notches below Silver Surfer (since the Surfer beat him without really trying during their encounter). Strength wise he should be below all of the people you named.
#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess power wise. I'm still not even really sure as to what he can do. Like is there a specific feat that makes him unique?

#3 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me reprase your question with my answer added   

Vegeta what does the scouter say about nova's power level? 
vegeta: ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!
#4 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
He has several very poweful characteristics, but I wouldn't call the majority of his abilities unique. He has class 100+ strength, high degree of invulnerability, enhanced reflexes, he can fly at translight speeds,, and fire energy and gravimetric blasts.

Here are two reports on him to help you more.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:  

Thanks for all the info.  

I noticed that he has the ability to absorb and release energy directed at him. So is he basically like Ms. Marvel, but on a much larger scale?
#6 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" @Morpheus_:   Thanks for all the info.   I noticed that he has the ability to absorb and release energy directed at him. So is he basically like Ms. Marvel, but on a much larger scale? "
When Ms. Marvel is at base levels (not Binary), yes. But Ms. Marvel employs such a technique far more frequently than Rich does.
#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah ok. Thanks for clearing it up

#8 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Anytime.
#9 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
" @Morpheus_:   Thanks for all the info.   I noticed that he has the ability to absorb and release energy directed at him. So is he basically like Ms. Marvel, but on a much larger scale? "

He deadly powerful 

Probably on Thor with strength, can manipulate vasts amount of energy and has control over Emp spectrum, Strong/weak forces, gavity, and nuclear forces. 

Think of him just as Silver Surfer but on a smaller scale

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.