Follow

Nova

Character » Nova appears in 1111 issues.

Richard Rider was a young teenager when he was granted the power of a Nova Centurion. He would have many adventures both on his own and with his peers among the New Warriors; Richard even became a member of the Avengers ever so briefly. He eventually became Nova-Prime, leader of the Nova Corps, where he established himself as a universally cosmic hero of immense power.

Screw this! Nova and Guardians to be canceled?

OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OhTru

Nova no more?
    So the scifi based Marvel titles like Nova will got binned in favor of Siege, Dark Avengers, Dark Xmen, New Avengers, Dark Daken, Darker Avengers, Dark bla, Dark meh, Blackest blabla, Dark bla f-ing bla...excuse my french
    So now that Siege Sales have taken a nosedive Marvel has come up with the bright idea of cancelling every title that doesn't have the name 'Dark' or 'Siege' on the cover and thereby forceilby make fans buy this arc to push Siege sales above DC 

Previous victims to this save Siege mentality, save Dark bla bla at all costs include great little titles like WarMachine

while Siege is only at the halfway point; it's as if Marvel itself can't wait for the series to be over yet.

It doesn't help, of course, that the series so far has seemed scattered, rushed and full of events that seem forced in order to help the plot along, and also seems to step on the toes of storylines within many titles it ties in with (Most importantly, Iron Man and Thor, both of which seem slightly out of sync with the series, although Captain America's rebirth was also pushed out of continuity thanks to an extra issue and need to be done before Siege began). Through no real decision of anyone involved, Siege has gained the appearance of an unexpectedly clumsy end to a story arc that's been running for years. The question now may be whether that's enough for fans to jump off the series they've been following, or whether the promise of bright new beginnings with May's Heroic Age will bring them back for more.

from io9

http://www.comics.ign.com/articles/107/1074427p1.html"IGN Comics: Guardians and Nova were conspicuously absent from the May solicitations. Are they going on hiatus while Thanos Imperative operates? Can we expect them to return after the storyline resolves?Rosemann: Both Guardians and Nova--the titles--will indeed be on hiatus during The Thanos Imperative

from an ign interview

This is just nuts, if we are lucky we will still have a Thanos cosmic title running. Basically all Marvel's cosmic/scifi line is in danger of being canceled because junk like Siege out sold it, but now that Siege sales got flushed and the Siege story flopped

Every other title is getting punished
    Avatar image for deactivated-60204c6c569bf
    deactivated-60204c6c569bf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

Cancelled?  All I read is Hiatus meaning break, suspension, interruption.  It means while Thanos Imperative is underway, those titles will be on vacation.

eserrano05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By eserrano05

i hope your wrong i do enjoy the marvel cosmos

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By warlock360
    @eserrano05 said:
    " i hope your wrong i do enjoy the marvel cosmos "
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By warlock360

after siege flopped, the COSMOS should be the thing for them to concentrate on, With thanos return and the Magus they have a great potential. Together with Realm of the kings. It is beyond me why they would throw away such an opportunity... after all, it seems to work for DC with Blackest Night.

You gotta fight Fire with Fire marvel. Sci-Fi, with Sci-Fi.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By geraldthesloth

It's not being canceled, it's called hiatus..you know like Blink 182, they went on hiatus and came back eventually.

Avatar image for deactivated-60204c6c569bf
    deactivated-60204c6c569bf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

@geraldthesloth said:
    " It's not being canceled, it's called hiatus..you know like Blink 182, they went on hiatus and came back eventually. "
    Exactly. The only time you should worry about the word 'hiatus' is when it's following the word 'indefinite'.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By warlock360

note to self: don't like hiatus.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I think what's going to happen is Abbnet and Lanning are going to focus on the Thanos Imperative.. which from what I can gather is going to be as big as Annihilation. You didn't have a Guardians of the Galaxy or a Nova title during Annihilation so I am guessing they are doing the same thing with TI.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By warlock360

well that would be nice as well, maybe a new Infinity war?

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nova and Gotg arent canceled. they are on vacation while they both continue in one book by
    Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning (you know, the people currently working on GoGt) called The Thanos Imperative which continues straight out of GoTg #24 and #25. Nova itself has been on the chopping block
    for awhile now, despite what a fun read it is it has low sales, and the only reason for that...is not enough people buy it. 
    from the source
    http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.11528.issuing_the_thanos_imperative 
    http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.11310.exclusive~colon~_the_thanos_imperative 

@OhTru said:
    " is in danger of being canceled because junk like Siege out sold it, but now that Siege sales got flushed and the Siege story flopped  Every other title is getting punished. "
    ? Siege is only halfway through, the sales are through the roof and the number one selling books
    in Marvel Comics, and GoGt and Nova arent being canceled. I think your crystal ball is cracked. actually i think your just perpetuating your usual hate Marvel comics while you yourself arent actually reading them 
    campaign and desperate plea for attention like always (i say this from the bottom of my heart of course). your made-up news threads should get scrapped so CV can conduct reliable honest business instead in my opinion. but to each their own, according to your own self, your allowed to like what you like, and the rest of us arent to read Marvel Comics. lame!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Stop whining......

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Meteorite

Bummer, I was planning to pick up Nova after Siege....

stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By stu630

if they do  cancel Nova and GotG  or put them in vacation  iam done with comic book, thats all i read!!   plus the siege and the dark gimmick is really not that great....
     i am really  disappointed

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Vance Astro said:
    " Stop whining...... "
    Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Benzo

By the time they done the thanos Imperative , a new ongoing silver surfer title will come out of it * fingers crossed *
    ...oh and I think GOTG and Nova will definitely be back after the event, there just on a holiday from beyond the stars lol

Casket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Casket

Brad Walker confirmed its over

:(

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Can we please lock this thread... Nova and Guardians are only being put on hold during Thanos Imperative. They'll be back bigger and badder at the end of this event, just like Annihilation.

Avatar image for the_ace_of_knaves
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a disgrace that Nova and GotG sell so low. 

I mean crap books like X-Force are selling 60-70k a month. And Nova is barely getting 20k? Makes me sad :(

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

i hope they merge marvel cosmos and marvel avengers more.  nova being a secret avenger is a step in the right direction.

NovaPrimeDR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NovaPrimeDR

I'm worried that they will cancel Nova, just like Iron Fist when that title went on "hiatus"... 

If they do cancel Nova, I hope they will use him significantly in Secret Avengers.  Although, I'm not excited at the prospect of Nova being on earth.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Shadowdoggy

I really dislike the idea of Nova going away 
    why does he not get the respect he deserves? 
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nova`Prime`

The comic is not canceled it was merged with Guardians to do the Thanos Imperative. Which is smart, they won't make as much in sales dropping two titles and only selling one, but you will sell more of the one title to make up for it. Plus it is a way to bring new readers into the Marvel Cosmos so characters like Nova, the Guardians, and the Surfer get a boost once more just like they got after Annihilation.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By Baddamdog

Hmmm just like Black Panther was put on 'hiatus' for doom war, haven seen a solicit for it in the upcoming months even when it's over...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.