Follow

Nova

Character » Nova appears in 1111 issues.

Richard Rider was a young teenager when he was granted the power of a Nova Centurion. He would have many adventures both on his own and with his peers among the New Warriors; Richard even became a member of the Avengers ever so briefly. He eventually became Nova-Prime, leader of the Nova Corps, where he established himself as a universally cosmic hero of immense power.

Richard Rider, Nova no more? Spoilers

• 52 results
    Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Slinger

Anyone else catch the last issue of Nova (#21) and feel a little sick to their stomach? Since Annihilation, Nova has become one of my absolute favorite superheroes, and now suddenly Zap! Depowered.

How long do you think they'll keep him powerless? Do you think he's really started to lose his mind? Who do you think will take over as the Nova Prime? His brother? That Shi'ar? Can the Corp trust a Shi'ar with the War of Kings on the horizon? Or do you think that Worldmind will claim total control? What's the deal with Worldmind anyway? He, er, it's been acting awfully fishy lately.

At least we got to figure out that Ego wasn't actually made into a Centurion, but more so hijacked by Worldmind as the new home-planet for the Nova Corps. I liked that one panel which seemed like a shot at the Green Lantern's Mogo where someone said something to the effect of "I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to recruit a planet into the Corps" and looked right at the reader with a sly smile.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

well we know he is the new Quasar....

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

i still say somethings wrong with worldmind

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Slinger
    Nighthunter said:
    "well we know he is the new Quasar...."
    What? This is news to me, but then again, I've been away for a while.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nighthunter

Who needs the Nova force?
    Who needs the Nova force?
    Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Slinger

I think I feel even more sick now. What's that from?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself

i think worldmind's going to go nuts and richard becomes quasar too fight him

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nighthunter
    Slinger said:
    "I think I feel even more sick now. What's that from?"
    upcoming cover

#22 I believe
    Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Slinger
    Nighthunter said:
    "Slinger said:
    "I think I feel even more sick now. What's that from?"
    upcoming cover

#22 I believe"
    It's the cover of #23. I just read the solicitations, they look good, but I hope Nove becomes Nova again, I'll be sad if he stays as Quasar. Looks like Worldmind is definitely going haywire.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nighthunter

the title is Nova...

so unless they give the book to someone else or rename it Quasar he is getting the Nova costume back

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By scuzz2.0

what about Phyla?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By warlock360

Phyla-Vell is a different type of "Quasar"

This is Phya-Vell (aka "Quasar")

No Caption Provided

And this is Wendell Elvis Vaughn   (ALSO known as Quasar)

No Caption Provided
    scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By scuzz2.0

i know, but do the bands not entitle her to the name? will rider merge with wendell to become quasar? if so what will happen to phyla? will she need to change her name again?

worldmind is infected by ultron i bet!

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By warlock360

"Quantum" and "Nega" bands

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By scuzz2.0

what are you talking about? phylla has the quantum bands not the nega bands! unless something hapened very recently that i am not aware of phylla is quasar with the quantum bands!

Avatar image for the_morningstar
    The Morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By The Morningstar

I don't know what's going to happen in Nova 23, but what I've read on Marvel's website about 22 is Worldmind is rebuilding the Corp on Earth and if you don't want to join.. well basically you don't have the option. I am guessing Wendell Quasar is going to assisst Rider in getting the Nova Force back. At least I hope, the Marvel U needs a Human Rocket and it just wouldn't be the same if he was suddenly Quasar. But boy I sure can't wait to find out :)

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Scourge
    I dont really like the idea of Richard becoming Quasar
    Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Fresh Prince said:
    "I dont really like the idea of Richard becoming Quasar
    "
    Well unless The Uni-Power decides to grace Richard with it's presence and turn him into Captain Universe I don't think he has much of a choice.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I think this is a really stupid idea.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By warlock360
    scuzz2.0 said:
    "what are you talking about? phylla has the quantum bands not the nega bands! unless something hapened very recently that i am not aware of phylla is quasar with the quantum bands!"
    Phyla has the Quantum bands, but what i ment is that Quasar prolly has the Nega bands
    reverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By reverend

I got the impression that Rich had control of the Starbrand. Wendel Vaughn did bring it to the regular Marvel Universe from the New Universe in the '90's

scuzz2.0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By scuzz2.0

did the starbrand not run out of power after wendell brought it back? what ever happened to the nega bands? did the skrull cap marvel have them or was his power faked? if he did have them doesnt that mean that noh-var has them now? everything in marvel keeps changing and i am having trouble keeping track!

Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Slinger
    scuzz2.0 said:
    "did the starbrand not run out of power after wendell brought it back? what ever happened to the nega bands? did the skrull cap marvel have them or was his power faked? if he did have them doesnt that mean that noh-var has them now? everything in marvel keeps changing and i am having trouble keeping track!"
    I think Tony Stark had the Nega Bands for some reason. He gave them to Ms.Marvel and they used them to banish the skrull Cap to the Negative Zone (however briefly.)
    reverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By reverend

No, a spark of the power remained and was carried by Quasar's secretary back to the 'new universe' Earth that was being used as a experiment by The Stranger. The Living Tribunal put a barrier around this alternate earth to keep it quarantined.  Thus it would be possible for Wendel to retrieve it......

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By King_Saturn
    Vance Astro said:
    "I think this is a really stupid idea."
    Yeah... it could be
    Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Calix

I just don't see how they could name the book Nova if Richard becomes "someone else" thou Quasar's powers would be the one which comes closest to Richard thou in a form of an upgrade.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't want Richard to be Quasar..didn't Wendell just come back? What about Phylla? What the hell is going on in space.All these new changes they are making are disappearing with quickness.They just made a new Guardians of the Galaxy and like 5 issues in..there is already a new team.WTF?

Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Calix

Well I wouldn't call the GotG a new line up I mean the only one who is new is Bug and he was already part of the initial line up. just prior to and during Annihilation Conquest.

Phylla is great but lets face it she isn't really notable as impressive as quasar whereas Richard since becoming Nova Prime has been really Kickin'-A**. Besides hasn't he been Nova for quiet sometime if he no longer holds the entire Nova Force wouldn't he then be down graded and lets face it with the War of Kings coming up he really needs to be up there in the power tier. So Quasar's power would be away to go for the character and I don't doubt Abnett and Lanning could really work this angle into something great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wendell came back as an energy-based lifeform. See when he died at the hands of Annihilus he was attempting a Quantum Jump at the exact same moment. For some reason this caused his soul to endure and transform into what I assume is energy from the Quantum Zone (which is where the Quantum Bands get their powers) and ended up inside a flask that was floating somewhere in The Negative Zone. So he's alive but he's more like The Uni-Power now in that both he and Richard could merge into a single being thus allowing Rich to become Quasar however Wendell will still be in his head probably ranting about how much cooler he was as Quasar than Richard ever was...

No Caption Provided

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Calix said:
    "Well I wouldn't call the GotG a new line up I mean the only one who is new is Bug and he was already part of the initial line up. just prior to and during Annihilation Conquest.

Phylla is great but lets face it she isn't really notable as impressive as quasar whereas Richard since becoming Nova Prime has been really Kickin'-A**. Besides hasn't he been Nova for quiet sometime if he no longer holds the entire Nova Force wouldn't he then be down graded and lets face it with the War of Kings coming up he really needs to be up there in the power tier. So Quasar's power would be away to go for the character and I don't doubt Abnett and Lanning could really work this angle into something great."
    Mantis and Groot weren't active when the team started.
    That is the point I am making too Calix..Phyla hasn't done anything.There is a whole volume of possibilities for her..but instead of expanding on it.They take Nova who was already established and give him her spot? What is the point of that.You have a fairly new character to build a legacy for and you just get rid of her for no reason?For as long as I have known the character Nova..the guy under the helmet has been Richard Rider.Why change it? Why even bring back the Nova Corps? To continue to copy off of Green Lantern? Marvel is falling off the wagon with creativity and originality.Now that I am rereading Earth X\Paradise X\and Universe X..I can see that alot of the idea Marvel is trying to pass off as new were already written and foreshadowed..it's ridiculous.

King Hyperion said:
    "Wendell came back as an energy-based lifeform. See when he died at the hands of Annihilus he was attempting a Quantum Jump at the exact same moment. For some reason this caused his soul to endure and transform into what I assume is energy from the Quantum Zone (which is where the Quantum Bands get their powers) and ended up inside a flask that was floating somewhere in The Negative Zone. So he's alive but he's more like The Uni-Power now in that both he and Richard could merge into a single being thus allowing Rich to become Quasar however Wendell will still be in his head probably ranting about how much cooler he was as Quasar than Richard ever was...
    It doesn't matter if it was actually Wendell or not..the point I was making is that characters keep appearing only for Marvel to just throw them away.Wendell comes back as an energy-based light form..In Nova? For What? Did Nova really need the help that badly? Why create Phyla Vell? WTF was the point if you are going to just dismiss her and give an already established superhero her spot.I like the character because she was trying to live up to Wendell and Mar-Vell's legacy..then poof,she's gone.They brought Mar-Vell back for Secret Invasion...why? He ended up being a skrull.That whole arc was worthless.Where is Echo? She appeared as a villain..had sex with Hawkeye as an Avenger and didn't do much else,did Marvel expand on her? NO! Nobody knows where the hell she's at.Nobody even mentioned it or noticed she wasn't present after Secret Invasion.This is all becoming ridiculous.
    reverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By reverend

This is why I think it is much more plausible (I didn't really write that did I?) that Rich has the Star-brand.  It doesn't step on any other characters toes and it gives him the power level to take a major role in The War of Kings. So far, A & L have been doing a great job with Nova. I hope it continues....

Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Calix

Isn't Echo the new Panther? I haven't gotten my hands on the latest Black Panther as they haven't arrived her yet so I could be wrong.

I thought bringing Mar-vell back the way they did was neat. sure it sucked because he/she turned out to be a Skrull but the whole point of it was to explain why with some the graft worked and with others it worked too well.
     Yes Mar-vell was a Skrull but a Skrull who kicked major Skrull booty before dying even after realizing that she was a Skrull she chose to fight against her own kind. That was the point of the Skrull/Mar-vell story to me.

Phyla.... I get what you are saying and I agree they could expand more on her story but who is to say that she will be discarded? I mean she is a Titan is she not and did she have her own powers ( strenght, fly and energy blast if I am not mistaken) I am just saying that what could have happened that at the time she got the bands because it gelled better with the story giving it to Richards then would have been overkill.
    So just because Richard has been Nova forever means he should remain Nova....????? wasn't it about time that he evolved. seriously I like Nova He was my favorite amongst superheroes due to his helmet. When other kids were Supes, Bat and Spidey I was Nova. but that was almost 30 years ago time for a change I would say. Besides how can Nova be Nova against Worldmind who granted him the power and thus can take it away as has already happened?

Wendell coming back was at the time a necessity because the base was being over run by Skrulls and it was only Darkhawk and Nova and it wasn't going well besides how else could they explain things should Rider in deed become the new Quasar? At least this way it becomes less of a 'jump-the-shark'.

As for the Star Brand I thought it was kept out of Marvel Universe because the threat it possessed and thus quarantined?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Calix said:
    "Isn't Echo the new Panther? I haven't gotten my hands on the latest Black Panther as they haven't arrived her yet so I could be wrong.

I thought bringing Mar-vell back the way they did was neat. sure it sucked because he/she turned out to be a Skrull but the whole point of it was to explain why with some the graft worked and with others it worked too well.
     Yes Mar-vell was a Skrull but a Skrull who kicked major Skrull booty before dying even after realizing that she was a Skrull she chose to fight against her own kind. That was the point of the Skrull/Mar-vell story to me.

Phyla.... I get what you are saying and I agree they could expand more on her story but who is to say that she will be discarded? I mean she is a Titan is she not and did she have her own powers ( strenght, fly and energy blast if I am not mistaken) I am just saying that what could have happened that at the time she got the bands because it gelled better with the story giving it to Richards then would have been overkill.
    So just because Richard has been Nova forever means he should remain Nova....????? wasn't it about time that he evolved. seriously I like Nova He was my favorite amongst superheroes due to his helmet. When other kids were Supes, Bat and Spidey I was Nova. but that was almost 30 years ago time for a change I would say. Besides how can Nova be Nova against Worldmind who granted him the power and thus can take it away as has already happened?

Wendell coming back was at the time a necessity because the base was being over run by Skrulls and it was only Darkhawk and Nova and it wasn't going well besides how else could they explain things should Rider in deed become the new Quasar? At least this way it becomes less of a 'jump-the-shark'.

As for the Star Brand I thought it was kept out of Marvel Universe because the threat it possessed and thus quarantined?
    "
    No..Echo is not confirmed to be the new Black Panther.I doubt it is her anyway.There has been like 7 other character supposed for the job.The latest issue of Black Panther doesn't show you or tell you who the new Black Panther is.
    My point about Mar-Vell is..the real one is already dead and he couldn't stay permanently because he was a skrull so ultimately they brought him back for nothing.The story behind them bringing him back and all that was actually written very well.

Who's to say Phyla will be discarded? Well I cannot say that for sure but I am aware that Marvel will not give you the whereabouts of certain characters until they look up one day and realize there is a character the could be using but they aren't..they forgot all about them.Marvel has yet to say what happened to the Heroes for Hire and what they are doing now that they are disbanded.They disbanded a whole Marvel event ago.

Richard being Nova forever...YES! means he should stay Nova.There is absolutely no justifiable reason for this.He was already an established hero..why take someone else's spot? He's not evolving by becoming Quasar..he already had the full power of the Nova Corpse..now they bring them back? Why? To continue to work on a stolen idea and keep stealing more stuff? Ego just became part of the Nova Corps right? Green Lantern Corps already did that with a Living Planet.

You mean to tell me...Marvel had to bring someone back from the dead to help Nova? There is nobody else you can think of..who is alive that could have helped Nova out of that situation? I'm not sure what the explanation is behind Nova becoming Quasar..I know alot of the explanations for things they have been doing as of late have been completely retarded and uncalled for.
    Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lantern Prime
    Vance Astro said:
    "Calix said:
    "Isn't Echo the new Panther? I haven't gotten my hands on the latest Black Panther as they haven't arrived her yet so I could be wrong.

"
    No..Echo is not confirmed to be the new Black Panther.I doubt it is her anyway.There has been like 7 other character supposed for the job.The latest issue of Black Panther doesn't show you or tell you who the new Black Panther is.
    My point about Mar-Vell is..the real one is already dead and he couldn't stay permanently because he was a skrull so ultimately they brought him back for nothing.The story behind them bringing him back and all that was actually written very well.

Who's to say Phyla will be discarded? Well I cannot say that for sure but I am aware that Marvel will not give you the whereabouts of certain characters until they look up one day and realize there is a character the could be using but they aren't..they forgot all about them.Marvel has yet to say what happened to the Heroes for Hire and what they are doing now that they are disbanded.They disbanded a whole Marvel event ago.

Richard being Nova forever...YES! means he should stay Nova.There is absolutely no justifiable reason for this.He was already an established hero..why take someone else's spot? He's not evolving by becoming Quasar..he already had the full power of the Nova Corpse..now they bring them back? Why? To continue to work on a stolen idea and keep stealing more stuff? Ego just became part of the Nova Corps right? Green Lantern Corps already did that with a Living Planet.

You mean to tell me...Marvel had to bring someone back from the dead to help Nova? There is nobody else you can think of..who is alive that could have helped Nova out of that situation? I'm not sure what the explanation is behind Nova becoming Quasar..I know alot of the explanations for things they have been doing as of late have been completely retarded and uncalled for.
    "

MMM MMM MMM..............
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

What are all those M's for?

Avatar image for the_morningstar
    The Morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The Morningstar

Ego isn't part of Nova Corp.. Worldmind took over Ego to make it New Xandar.

Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Calix

I agree with Marvel's at times gross oversight but can't cry over spilled milk. .

I am not sure what happened to HoH I do remember that they spilt up because one of them made a compromise that pretty much put the core of the team on opposites I don't remember who did what exactly but the fall out was bad. and had Cap survived CW there was no way we could have actually expected Steve and Tony to do the team thing. other than a brief team up. I think the same goes for HoH. but I could be wrong.

The justifyable reason for the Nova thing is again how can Nova (whom by the way no longer has the Nova Force) fight against Worldmind (whom granted him the power and subsequently ripped ALL of it from him)?
    and while at the time he of battling a full scale attack of Skrulls with only Darkhawk at his side Worldmind was down. so it stands to reason that he wasn't wielding the Full Nova Force as it was repeated ad naseum that without Worldmind the Nova Force would drive Richard insane.

So Marvel and DC have been copying each other stories.... how many songs, movies and the like are there out there that do the same material over and over. Some of the stuff however got no (too little) audience on their orginal run and a remake becomes wildly popular to the point that when someone points out it was a remake most wouldn't even know this .
    As Morningstar pointed out Ego is not a centurion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, Worldmind has pretty much murdered Ego and taken up residence inside his body (I don't care what Robbie Rider said, Ego would have NEVER willingly let Worldmind do what he did, I still think a little piece of Ultron is somewhere in Worldmind, I mean how long was Richard a Phalanx Select? Long enough for Ultron to put a back-up copy of himself inside Worldmind's storage archives that is for sure. Thus Worldmind is actually Ultron and therefore it is Ultron who has murdered Ego!)

Worldmind has rewritten Ego's higher functions and taken over...permanently.
    Worldmind has rewritten Ego's higher functions and taken over...permanently.
    It would appear...that The Xandarian Worldmind has indeed taken over Ego, the Living Planet's body and is turning him into Nu-Xandar, the new home of the Nova Corps.
    It would appear...that The Xandarian Worldmind has indeed taken over Ego, the Living Planet's body and is turning him into Nu-Xandar, the new home of the Nova Corps.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Calix said:
    "I agree with Marvel's at times gross oversight but can't cry over spilled milk. .

I am not sure what happened to HoH I do remember that they spilt up because one of them made a compromise that pretty much put the core of the team on opposites I don't remember who did what exactly but the fall out was bad. and had Cap survived CW there was no way we could have actually expected Steve and Tony to do the team thing. other than a brief team up. I think the same goes for HoH. but I could be wrong.

The justifyable reason for the Nova thing is again how can Nova (whom by the way no longer has the Nova Force) fight against Worldmind (whom granted him the power and subsequently ripped ALL of it from him)?
    and while at the time he of battling a full scale attack of Skrulls with only Darkhawk at his side Worldmind was down. so it stands to reason that he wasn't wielding the Full Nova Force as it was repeated ad naseum that without Worldmind the Nova Force would drive Richard insane.

So Marvel and DC have been copying each other stories.... how many songs, movies and the like are there out there that do the same material over and over. Some of the stuff however got no (too little) audience on their orginal run and a remake becomes wildly popular to the point that when someone points out it was a remake most wouldn't even know this .
    "
    That isn't a justifiable reason.They didn't have to take the Nova Force from him in the first place.That whole thing is just leading up to Marvel making a stupid move.
    Calix...it doesn't matter who steals from who..it's not ok on any level.I would have been fine with this had they not killed the whole Corps off..but if you are going to do that..then leave them dead and make room for new storyline.Why bring back a copied idea to expand on it by adding more copied stuff? For the record..remakes are usually popular for nostalgia reasons..not because they are executed well.Marvel is giving into to many cop outs..they just keep recycling ideas..they are even copying themselves.So all I am saying with this is...none of that stuff leading up to Nova not being Nova anymore had to happen.Marvel could have expanded on Nova instead of throwing his character in the garbage.Same with Phyla.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vance Astro said:
    "Calix said:
    "I agree with Marvel's at times gross oversight but can't cry over spilled milk. .

"
    That isn't a justifiable reason.They didn't have to take the Nova Force from him in the first place.That whole thing is just leading up to Marvel making a stupid move.
    Calix...it doesn't matter who steals from who..it's not ok on any level.I would have been fine with this had they not killed the whole Corps off..but if you are going to do that..then leave them dead and make room for new storyline.Why bring back a copied idea to expand on it by adding more copied stuff? For the record..remakes are usually popular for nostalgia reasons..not because they are executed well.Marvel is giving into to many cop outs..they just keep recycling ideas..they are even copying themselves.So all I am saying with this is...none of that stuff leading up to Nova not being Nova anymore had to happen.Marvel could have expanded on Nova instead of throwing his character in the garbage.Same with Phyla.
    "
    You do have a point there. This is like what? The Fourth or Fifth time they've obliterated The Nova Corps and then brought it back not to mention I think this is the THIRD time Richard has lost his powers. The only question is how would they have expanded on Nova's character? Well...they could have driven him completely insane like his predecessor (Garthan Saal a.k.a. Super-Nova) and made him a supervillain.
    Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lantern Prime
    Vance Astro said:
    "What are all those M's for?"

Its out of disgusts and ignorance
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Lantern Prime said:
    "Vance Astro said:

Its out of disgusts and ignorance"
    What? Disgust and Ignorance for what?

King Hyperion said"
    You do have a point there. This is like what? The Fourth or Fifth time they've obliterated The Nova Corps and then brought it back not to mention I think this is the THIRD time Richard has lost his powers. The only question is how would they have expanded on Nova's character? Well...they could have driven him completely insane like his predecessor (Garthan Saal a.k.a. Super-Nova) and made him a supervillain."
    I know how they would have expanded on Nova but that is where creativity comes in.Taking his powers than having him become Quasar is not only not original..I would rather do without Quasar if it's not Phyla.
    Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Calix

I don't know, Quasar's powers are quiet what is needed in the upcoming WoK specially against Vulcan or Gladiatior but you have all these factions that are all in these battle, Blastaar with his Negative Zone clan, the Shi'ar quiet possibly with Darkhawk, the Inhumans with their Kree troops/allies, Nova Corps and who knows who else. This clash demands high tier powers especially if they are going to be individuals like Richard.
    Richard as Nova was quiet powerful when he had the full force behind him but that is no longer the case. In a way I am looking forward to the Richard vs. Worldmind if only for the mentor vs apprentice angle.
    Again nothing against Phyla but she currently doesnt' seem up to (nor emotionally ready - what with Heather being first and foremost onher mind - for) wielding such a force whereas Rider is.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Calix said:
    "I don't know, Quasar's powers are quiet what is needed in the upcoming WoK specially against Vulcan or Gladiatior but you have all these factions that are all in these battle, Blastaar with his Negative Zone clan, the Shi'ar quiet possibly with Darkhawk, the Inhumans with their Kree troops/allies, Nova Corps and who knows who else. This clash demands high tier powers especially if they are going to be individuals like Richard.
    Richard as Nova was quiet powerful when he had the full force behind him but that is no longer the case. In a way I am looking forward to the Richard vs. Worldmind if only for the mentor vs apprentice angle.
    Again nothing against Phyla but she currently doesnt' seem up to (nor emotionally ready - what with Heather being first and foremost onher mind - for) wielding such a force whereas Rider is."
    That is why I like Phyla.She isn't established..she's a rookie.This could have been the event that proved her worth.We already seen what Richard could do in Annihilation.Phyla spent most of Annhilation hiding behind Moondragon and Warlock.
    I know Richard doesn't have his powers anymore...but what I am saying is they dirtbagged Richard to bring back the Nova Corps than they dirtbagged Phyla to save Richard.It's a lose\win situation.
    reverend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By reverend

This may explain a few things.....

No Caption Provided
    Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Calix

What the hell.....? Is Mentor up to his tricks again?

So its true "Worldmind" has been going nuts or subverted by someone else.

and what is happening with Richard is quiet disconcerting but it does have a solution.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Lantern Prime said:
    "Vance Astro said:

Its out of disgusts and ignorance"
    Everytime I see one of you posts..you say something irrelevant of stupid....
    Zefram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zefram

In most recent Guardians of the Galaxy Phyla lost her quasar bands, so obviously they'll go to Richard and based on Marvel Previews - he gets involved in War of Kings when corrupted Worldmind leads Nova force to battle against either or both sides and to decimation, again. So its going to be Richard vs Worldmind for the control of Nova Force.

BKole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By BKole

I don't think Nova will stay as Quasar for long. I trust DnA they're good writers, and they've been working in comics for a long, long time. It's a temporary thing, and then they'll do something else it all. War of the Kings, and it's cross-overs into Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy are going to be brilliant.

Avatar image for kevinthegamer94
    kevinthegamer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kevinthegamer94

I think world mind will lead the nova corps into the WoK the majority of the nova corps will get obliterated (again) which will include the death of richs  brother he will then go and wrestle control of the nova force and the corps away from the world mind and rich will then lead the remaining novas into the big final battle of WoK just in time to tip the battle for whatever is the preferable outcome rich will then officially return as nova-prime and he will then begin to rebuild the nova corps himself in a manner that hes happy with.
    -how rich got his nova force back

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.