Follow

Nova

Character » Nova appears in 1111 issues.

Richard Rider was a young teenager when he was granted the power of a Nova Centurion. He would have many adventures both on his own and with his peers among the New Warriors; Richard even became a member of the Avengers ever so briefly. He eventually became Nova-Prime, leader of the Nova Corps, where he established himself as a universally cosmic hero of immense power.

Possible live action Nova film...?

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Marvel Studios owns the rights to Nova, if I'm not mistaken. I know they said eventually down the road they would like to go a Cosmic Marvel route, and Silver Surfer/Galactus is necessary to do so. But maybe after the SS movie, could a Nova movie be next? Would it have a dark tone or a lighthearted one? Share your thoughts.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

And who do you think should play Richard Rider? And who should voice Worldmind?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think they might be hesitant considering how Green Lantern has underperformed for DC. Though if they set it on and around Earth it might be better. I'd watch it. I think an unknown late teen early 20 year old actor would work best.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Fox has the rights to Silver Surfer and Galactus because of the FF movie. :(

I think Nova would do better than a GL movie. No goofy constructs. I'd go see it.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
    @jloneblackheart said:

Fox has the rights to Silver Surfer and Galactus because of the FF movie. :(

I think Nova would do better than a GL movie. No goofy constructs. I'd go see it.

I know they do, but we all know that Marvel/Disney want those rights back bad, so it's only a matter of time. :) 

I think it would be MUCH better than GL.  Marvel hires good writers/directors, I'm going to say JJ Abrams should do Nova, with Chris Pine.
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By fodigg

I'd LOVE  Marvel cosmic film.

stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By stu630

With a good producer and a writter  who as some knowledge on nova, it could easily be a movie with great potential!

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I am not sure who would be perfect to play Nova, but there is no need to do a Silver Surfer movie to work into a Nova movie and he doesn't need to be around Earth. Being around Earth really isn't Nova, at least not anymore, I think it would actually help the movie to be set on a different planet or almost entirely in space.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Kairan1979

After Green Lantern I prefer NOT to see this movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.