Follow

Nova

Character » Nova appears in 1102 issues.

Richard Rider was a young teenager when he was granted the power of a Nova Centurion. He would have many adventures both on his own and with his peers among the New Warriors; Richard even became a member of the Avengers ever so briefly. He eventually became Nova-Prime, leader of the Nova Corps, where he established himself as a universally cosmic hero of immense power.

Novas Powers

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kallarkz
    Hey all. Well i recently decided to start expanding my pull list and i have been thinking about picking up Nova but I'm not quite sure about how his power works.  

I understand he has taken in the whole Nova Force but doesn't he lose a vast majority of this when he reinstates the Nova Corps? Any explanation on the powers of Nova would be much appreciated. Thanks all
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kallarkz
    Oh and is the "World Mind" a sentient being?
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

The Nova Force is based on gravity and utilizes it's powers in the form of powerful gravimetric beams and blasts. Also because of this, Nova is referred to as the "Human Rocket" and can travel and great speeds with great accuracy and maneuverability. His strength is also enhanced and the Nova Force protects him to some degree against energy and radiation attacks. He can also open stargates for faster travel across the universe.  

The more Nova Force you have, the more powerful you are. There are still levels of the Corps, and depending on the rank you have, the more power you are given. The Nova Force is immensly powerful on it's own, so Richard doesn't give up what I would call the majority to other members, specifically since there are so few after Annihilation. Richard is the Nova Prime, giving him more Nova Force than any other.  

Worldmind is the collection of all intelligence and culture of the Xandarians. It's basically a sentient computer program with vast knowledge. Every member of the Nova Corps has the Worlmind as a resource, but only Nova Prime carries the actual programming of the Worldmind with him to protect it (after destruction of Xandar).

doomsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By doomsilver
    @jloneblackheart said:
    "The Nova Force is based on gravity and utilizes it's powers in the form of powerful gravimetric beams and blasts. Also because of this, Nova is referred to as the "Human Rocket" and can travel and great speeds with great accuracy and maneuverability. His strength is also enhanced and the Nova Force protects him to some degree against energy and radiation attacks. He can also open stargates for faster travel across the universe.   The more Nova Force you have, the more powerful you are. There are still levels of the Corps, and depending on the rank you have, the more power you are given. The Nova Force is immensly powerful on it's own, so Richard doesn't give up what I would call the majority to other members, specifically since there are so few after Annihilation. Richard is the Nova Prime, giving him more Nova Force than any other.   Worldmind is the collection of all intelligence and culture of the Xandarians. It's basically a sentient computer program with vast knowledge. Every member of the Nova Corps has the Worlmind as a resource, but only Nova Prime carries the actual programming of the Worldmind with him to protect it (after destruction of Xandar). "

dude that was better than i could put it, i was just gonna say he had class 100 strength and he man. energy
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kallarkz
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " The Nova Force is based on gravity and utilizes it's powers in the form of powerful gravimetric beams and blasts. Also because of this, Nova is referred to as the "Human Rocket" and can travel and great speeds with great accuracy and maneuverability. His strength is also enhanced and the Nova Force protects him to some degree against energy and radiation attacks. He can also open stargates for faster travel across the universe.   The more Nova Force you have, the more powerful you are. There are still levels of the Corps, and depending on the rank you have, the more power you are given. The Nova Force is immensly powerful on it's own, so Richard doesn't give up what I would call the majority to other members, specifically since there are so few after Annihilation. Richard is the Nova Prime, giving him more Nova Force than any other.   Worldmind is the collection of all intelligence and culture of the Xandarians. It's basically a sentient computer program with vast knowledge. Every member of the Nova Corps has the Worlmind as a resource, but only Nova Prime carries the actual programming of the Worldmind with him to protect it (after destruction of Xandar). "
    Wow. Thanks man. I really do appreciate that. I imagine by your explanation then that you would say his comics are worth taking a read then ;p? 

@doomsilver said:
    " @jloneblackheart said: 
    dude that was better than i could put it, i was just gonna say he had class 100 strength and he man. energy "
    hehe all good Doom. Thanks man for helping out.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    @Kallarkz: Annihilation and up Nova is pretty awesome. I've actually never read any of the older Nova books, but I'm planning to soon. 
    Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Man of Lengend

i totally suggest reading them

Avatar image for sleepinglionheart
    SleepingLionHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By SleepingLionHeart

annihilation was AWESOME it turned a punk character into an awesome badass.  who else would blindly try to bumrush galactus to save a planet???? 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.