Follow

Nova

Character » Nova appears in 1111 issues.

Richard Rider was a young teenager when he was granted the power of a Nova Centurion. He would have many adventures both on his own and with his peers among the New Warriors; Richard even became a member of the Avengers ever so briefly. He eventually became Nova-Prime, leader of the Nova Corps, where he established himself as a universally cosmic hero of immense power.

Nova *spoiler*?

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nova`Prime`

As the titled of the topic indicates, this subject might be a huge spoiler for some, so if you are not ready to be spoiled, do not read further.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jayskee

we all known they can't kill him off
    Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hoboseid

He's gone 

had a heroic ending

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By brc2000

I doubt it, but I'm actually more of a fan of the other character.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

In a fan, and I don't think this will be too permanent.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " In a fan, and I don't think this will be too permanent. "
    I agree, although I think it will be for alittle while at least. I mean that was a pretty heroic ending for Nova and Starlord, I just hope its mentioned in Secret Avengers at least that Nova was lost.
    ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ckal
    @Nova`Prime` said:

" @jloneblackheart said:

" In a fan, and I don't think this will be too permanent. "

I agree, although I think it will be for alittle while at least. I mean that was a pretty heroic ending for Nova and Starlord, I just hope its mentioned in Secret Avengers at least that Nova was lost. "
     Yeah I loved the ending to the last issue. It is basically the definition of why Nova is one of my top 3 favorite characters. What a total awesome heroic fearless bad ass dude.  IMO one of the greatest heroes in Marvel easy. 

While I would absolutely love to see Nova continue in another solo series or co starring series, (or a Cosmic Avengers book!) I can understand why Marvel might give him a break for a bit. He's been one of the busiest heroes in the cosmic side of the MU for about 5 years now.  He's had major roles (at least a minor role) in all of the cosmic events in Marvel since Annihilation. We all know he will be back eventually though ;)

I'm really looking forward to Devastation though, anyone heard when it might be coming out?
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @ckal: Early January.
    ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ckal
    @Nova`Prime`: Sounds good, thanks.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @ckal: No problem, I thought I saw something being released in December but I can't seem to find it again so I was probably seeing stuff.
    thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By thatlad

Haven't been keeping up with this, so I take it he's out of secret avengers then?? Let's hope they don't replace him with Shang Chi

ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ckal
    @thatlad said:

" Haven't been keeping up with this, so I take it he's out of secret avengers then?? Let's hope they don't replace him with Shang Chi "

Nova hasn't been in the Secret Avengers since that whole Mars arc ended...issue 3 or 4. Not sure how long they plan to have Shang Chi stick around but he's been in for the last 2 issues with no apparent end to the arc in the immediate future.

@Nova`Prime`: Yeah I've been checking around too. The most I've found is that IGN claims "Estimated Release Date: January 26, 2011" which coincidentally, is my birthday.
    I'm sure you have seen the Marvel First Look at Devastation (5 preview pages), but if you haven't, here's the link: FIRST LOOK AT DEVASTATION

Here's a sweet pic:
    No Caption Provided
    ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ckal
    @Truex:  Yeah. Poor Blastaar.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @ckal: Thanks for those sneek peeks, I guess Blastaar was going to try to take advantage of the weakened states of the various galactic empires and forgot about all those heavy hitters.

I am pretty sure Nova will be back among the Secret Avengers eventually, after all Cap mentioned that he had to leave because of some stuff going on that needed his attention in space, so I guess the Serpent Crown arc took place right before Thanos Imperative.
    ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ckal
    @Nova`Prime` said:
    " @ckal: Thanks for those sneek peeks, I guess Blastaar was going to try to take advantage of the weakened states of the various galactic empires and forgot about all those heavy hitters.  I am pretty sure Nova will be back among the Secret Avengers eventually, after all Cap mentioned that he had to leave because of some stuff going on that needed his attention in space, so I guess the Serpent Crown arc took place right before Thanos Imperative. "
    No problem. Yeah I'm sure that's the deal. Don't forget he probably still has the Cosmic Control Rod in his possession too (I think?).

Good call. So there probably is a chance he'll be back on the Secret Avengers.
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @ckal said:
    "No problem. Yeah I'm sure that's the deal. Don't forget he probably still has the Cosmic Control Rod in his possession too (I think?). Good call. So there probably is a chance he'll be back on the Secret Avengers. "
    I am not sure about the control rod, I thought Dark Hawk had that? Might be wrong gonna have to go back and re-read War/Reign of Kings.
    gammasan55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gammasan55

Marvel kept Steve Rodgers dead for nearly three years and he's an icon of Marvel comics. Nova could probably be gone that long, if not longer.

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By doordoor123
    @gammasan55:  Then again, how long was Loki dead for?
    Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Greendevil

I hope now that Thanos has/will get the infinity gauntlet he brings both of them back, just so he can make them pay lol. I really want them to bring back Nova. His series was very cool. Nova Prime ftw!
     Imo it was awesome to see the cosmic Marvel from his point of view. And his conversations with worldmind lmao! He is a very cool charecter, the wrighters and srtist did a good job with this series imo!

No Caption Provided
    Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Darkmount1

I just found about this today.  Seriously, THEY KILLLED FREAKING NOVA?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??

Why the bloody pete would the boneheads at Marvel decide to kill this guy?

What went into the decisions regarding character deaths for the Thanos Imperative??????

Someone PLEASE explain this to me!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.