Nova *spoiler*?

#1 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio

As the titled of the topic indicates, this subject might be a huge spoiler for some, so if you are not ready to be spoiled, do not read further.
 
 

#2 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

we all known they can't kill him off
#3 Posted by Hoboseid (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

He's gone 
 
had a heroic ending

#4 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it, but I'm actually more of a fan of the other character.

#5 Posted by jloneblackheart (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

In a fan, and I don't think this will be too permanent.

Moderator
#6 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" In a fan, and I don't think this will be too permanent. "
I agree, although I think it will be for alittle while at least. I mean that was a pretty heroic ending for Nova and Starlord, I just hope its mentioned in Secret Avengers at least that Nova was lost.
#7 Edited by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:

" @jloneblackheart said:

" In a fan, and I don't think this will be too permanent. "

I agree, although I think it will be for alittle while at least. I mean that was a pretty heroic ending for Nova and Starlord, I just hope its mentioned in Secret Avengers at least that Nova was lost. "
 Yeah I loved the ending to the last issue. It is basically the definition of why Nova is one of my top 3 favorite characters. What a total awesome heroic fearless bad ass dude.  IMO one of the greatest heroes in Marvel easy. 
 
While I would absolutely love to see Nova continue in another solo series or co starring series, (or a Cosmic Avengers book!) I can understand why Marvel might give him a break for a bit. He's been one of the busiest heroes in the cosmic side of the MU for about 5 years now.  He's had major roles (at least a minor role) in all of the cosmic events in Marvel since Annihilation. We all know he will be back eventually though ;)
 
 I'm really looking forward to Devastation though, anyone heard when it might be coming out?
#8 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckal: Early January.
#9 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`: Sounds good, thanks.
#10 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckal: No problem, I thought I saw something being released in December but I can't seem to find it again so I was probably seeing stuff.
#11 Posted by thatlad (588 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't been keeping up with this, so I take it he's out of secret avengers then?? Let's hope they don't replace him with Shang Chi

#12 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio
@thatlad said:

" Haven't been keeping up with this, so I take it he's out of secret avengers then?? Let's hope they don't replace him with Shang Chi "

Nova hasn't been in the Secret Avengers since that whole Mars arc ended...issue 3 or 4. Not sure how long they plan to have Shang Chi stick around but he's been in for the last 2 issues with no apparent end to the arc in the immediate future.
 
@Nova`Prime`: Yeah I've been checking around too. The most I've found is that IGN claims "Estimated Release Date: January 26, 2011" which coincidentally, is my birthday.
I'm sure you have seen the Marvel First Look at Devastation (5 preview pages), but if you haven't, here's the link: FIRST LOOK AT DEVASTATION
 
Here's a sweet pic:
#13 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckal: Looks like they're gonna kick blastaar's ass
#14 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio
@Truex:  Yeah. Poor Blastaar.
#15 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckal: Thanks for those sneek peeks, I guess Blastaar was going to try to take advantage of the weakened states of the various galactic empires and forgot about all those heavy hitters.
 
I am pretty sure Nova will be back among the Secret Avengers eventually, after all Cap mentioned that he had to leave because of some stuff going on that needed his attention in space, so I guess the Serpent Crown arc took place right before Thanos Imperative.
#16 Posted by ckal (1097 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" @ckal: Thanks for those sneek peeks, I guess Blastaar was going to try to take advantage of the weakened states of the various galactic empires and forgot about all those heavy hitters.  I am pretty sure Nova will be back among the Secret Avengers eventually, after all Cap mentioned that he had to leave because of some stuff going on that needed his attention in space, so I guess the Serpent Crown arc took place right before Thanos Imperative. "
No problem. Yeah I'm sure that's the deal. Don't forget he probably still has the Cosmic Control Rod in his possession too (I think?).
 
Good call. So there probably is a chance he'll be back on the Secret Avengers.
#17 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio
@ckal said:
"No problem. Yeah I'm sure that's the deal. Don't forget he probably still has the Cosmic Control Rod in his possession too (I think?). Good call. So there probably is a chance he'll be back on the Secret Avengers. "
I am not sure about the control rod, I thought Dark Hawk had that? Might be wrong gonna have to go back and re-read War/Reign of Kings.
#18 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime` said:
" @ckal said:
"No problem. Yeah I'm sure that's the deal. Don't forget he probably still has the Cosmic Control Rod in his possession too (I think?). Good call. So there probably is a chance he'll be back on the Secret Avengers. "
I am not sure about the control rod, I thought Dark Hawk had that? Might be wrong gonna have to go back and re-read War/Reign of Kings. "
I think that Darkhawk and Talon gave it back to Annihilus
#19 Posted by gammasan55 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel kept Steve Rodgers dead for nearly three years and he's an icon of Marvel comics. Nova could probably be gone that long, if not longer.

#20 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@gammasan55:  Then again, how long was Loki dead for?
#21 Posted by Greendevil (1893 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope now that Thanos has/will get the infinity gauntlet he brings both of them back, just so he can make them pay lol. I really want them to bring back Nova. His series was very cool. Nova Prime ftw!
 Imo it was awesome to see the cosmic Marvel from his point of view. And his conversations with worldmind lmao! He is a very cool charecter, the wrighters and srtist did a good job with this series imo!

#22 Posted by Darkmount1 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio


I just found about this today.  Seriously, THEY KILLLED FREAKING NOVA?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!??

Why the bloody pete would the boneheads at Marvel decide to kill this guy?

 

What went into the decisions regarding character deaths for the Thanos Imperative??????

 

Someone PLEASE explain this to me!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.